Animal Care Center & Pet Care Center is looking for a Maintenance/Custodian team member to assist with the daily upkeep of our Veterinary facility.
Animal Care Center Address: 14101 W. Club Deluxe Rd. Hammond, LA 70403
Pet Care Center Address: 799 Campbell Rd, Ponchatoula, LA 70454
Shift Details: This is a part-time position with Animal Care Center and Pet Care Center but will require additional hours to be worked out with our landlord. This position requires availability Monday - Friday with potential weekends as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
- Sweep and mop all hard floor surfaces: lobby, hallways, grooming, kitchen area, cat waiting area, all exam rooms, surgery, pharmacy, x-ray room, surgery suite and treatment area
- Spot check all windows and clean if needed
- Wash small windows throughout clinic. (Including lobby doors)
- Clean restrooms: sinks, inside and outside toilet including the base, Windex mirrors, take out trash
- Dust the lights in surgery room and above sinks in treatment and x-ray room
- Vacuum all carpets (office, lounge, rugs in main lobby and waiting rooms)
- Spots clean the walls in exam rooms.
- Clean employee restrooms and take out trash (treatment and lounge)
- Unboxing inventory as needed.
- Grass cutting, weed eating, landscaping, tree/limb removal, yard cleaning, pressure washing, cleaning gutters, roof maintenance, drainage ditch cleanout, small electrical and/or equipment repairs, a/c maintenance, plumbing/sewer maintenance, painting, etc.
Special Working Conditions
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds, and over 50 pounds with a co-worker.
- Endure sitting, standing and walking on hard floor surfaces for extended periods
- Ability to be confident around pets.
- Able to work in noisy work conditions with sounds from animals and equipment that can be moderately loud.
- Fluent in the written and verbal skills necessary to successfully perform the essential functions, duties, and responsibilities of the position.
- Must be able to exchange accurate information with all clients and team members.
Mission Veterinary Partners is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Apply today for immediate consideration!