Animal Care Center and Pet Care Center are looking for Kennel Attendants to join our team!
We are a full-service veterinary hospital providing many services to clients including surgery, medicine, grooming, and boarding. For over 36 years we have proudly served the Northshore Community. Our mission is to provide you and your pet the very best veterinary care in a professional and compassionate manner. We take pride in our facility and team of dedicated staff.
Location: 14101 W. Club Deluxe Road Hammond, LA 70403
Shift Details: Full-time position working four days a week with every third Saturday and occasional Sundays. Schedule is as listed: M-F 7:00am-5:30pm, Sat. 7:00am-4:00pm, Sun.- morning & afternoon patient care (about 4 hours.)
Summary: A Kennel Attendant provides daily care, feeding and exercise of boarding and hospitalized pets, top notch customer service to our pet parents and assists in facility operations. Assist and educate clients in person or by phone regarding facility information and services. Properly record documentation and accurate completion of boarding forms and cage cards is critical. A Kennel Attendant must pay close attention to details, understand and follow proper feeding and sanitation procedures and monitor boarding and hospitalized pets.
- Provide compassionate care to boarding pets and hospitalized patients.
- Walk through kennel area regularly, checking each pet for any abnormal activity such as vomiting, diarrhea or blood in the cage or run.
- Report abnormal activity to doctors and technicians, pull patient's medical record.
- Recognize emergency situations, enlisting the aid of doctors and technicians.
- Schedule pet's activities according to client/facility specifications
- Mark records correctly for eating, drinking and elimination habits.
- Feed and water animals according to schedules.
- Clean and disinfect cages, runs and yard as needed, using hoses and spray bottles of disinfectant. Use a squeegee to remove excess water.
- Clean cat litter boxes and disinfect kitty condos.
- Clean and disinfect all food and water bowls.
- Wear personal protective equipment required for the area and maintain the personal protective equipment in good working order. Personal protective equipment includes goggles or face shields, aprons, full body aprons, gloves, boots and booties or other equipment assigned.
- Move pets to yard or other areas so runs can be disinfected; return animal to correct run after the run is clean and dry.
- Remove soiled bedding and take it to the laundry area.
- Place clean bedding in runs.
- Operate washer and dryer to clean kennel bedding and hospital laundry.
- Give baths to animals that quality for a bath before they go home.
- Administer medications to pets that require medications while boarding.
- Supervise animals when they are in the yard.
- Perform 'TLC' play times or walks for clients who have requested it.
- Provide facility tours to interested pet parents
- Check-in animals for boarding, talk with owners, write specific feeding and medication instructions, play times, walks, additional services; Record all information on boarding forms.
- Place ID collars on all animals.
- Administer flea and tick control on all animals.
- Take pets to treatment area for all medical services to be administered.
- Record and label all personal belongings.
- Record medication instructions on the kennel medication board.
- Check out animals for boarding, talk with owners, return all personal belongings and review boarding report card with client.
- Take animals to exam room if there is a doctor discharge.
- Collect any samples requested by the doctor or technician.
- Know proper animal restraint techniques.
- Maintain food and supply storage areas.
Special Working Conditions:
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Endure sitting, standing and walking on hard floor surfaces for extended periods
- Ability to be confident around pets.
- Able to work in noisy work conditions with sounds from animals and equipment that can be moderately high.
- Associate is routinely exposed to a variety of pets that may bite or scratch, and on occasion, exposed to anesthesia, radiation, biological hazards and medication/controlled substances.
- Fluent in the written and verbal skills necessary to perform successfully the essential functions, duties, and responsibilities of the position.
- Must be able to exchange accurate information with all clients and team members.
Benefits we offer:
- Industry leading pay for you, discounts for your furry friends!
- Medical, vision and dental benefits package.
- 401k program with company match starting day 1!
- A yearly scrub allowance for all employees.
- Flexible schedule with a focus on work-life harmony - You'll get PTO and have the time to use it!
- Free virtual yoga, fitness and meditation classes for ALL employees.
- Free virtual registered dietitian lead wellness, nutrition and cooking classes for ALL employees.
- Quarterly bonus opportunities!
- Customized learning and developmental opportunities!
Apply today for immediate consideration!
Mission Veterinary Partners is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.