Mission Veterinary Partners (MVP) has an immediate opportunity for a Vice President of Strategic Partnerships to join our growing organization. Reporting directly to the Senior Vice President of Business Development, the Vice President of Strategic Partnerships will be an integral part of the new clinic acquisition and inorganic growth of the Company in the Mid-Atlantic (DC, Maryland, Pennsylvania, and Delaware). You'll support the identification, analysis, relationship building and key terms negotiation of add-on acquisition opportunities. You'll be charged with positively displaying the key differentiating factors MVP has over the competition and taking an active role in the analysis and negotiation of the partnership. You'll work closely with the Senior VP of Business Development, the Executive Vice President of Business Development, the Mergers & Acquisition Team, the CEO, and executive leadership to engage and attract new partnerships to the MVP team.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an industry sales professional (5+ years of experience), with a robust network of veterinary medicine contacts in the Mid-Atlantic market, to join an entrepreneurial environment and assist in the establishment of a robust inorganic growth engine at MVP!
How you'll make an impact:
- Work tirelessly to identify, source, monitor, and manage potential veterinary add-on opportunities in identified strategic geographies
- Leverage professional and the greater MVP network to identify and pursue opportunities
- Convey MVP mission, vision, and value to prospective partners, and convert them to actionable partnership opportunities
- Manage a robust pipeline of prospects from initial introduction through letter of intent negotiation and signing a non-binding offer to join MVP
- Assist in the preparation of term sheets describing the Company's proposed financial and structural terms for acquiring potential add-on targets
- Work with the Senior Vice President of Business Development to assist in the creation of general business development process-improvement and presentation materials
- Provide leadership towards additional value-added activities and support operational and departmental excellence
- Support the executive team in the integration of successful acquisitions and collaborate in the implementation of standard Company reporting systems
- Always maintain honest and ethical conduct at all times
Talents you'll bring to MVP:
- Minimum of 5+ years of sales experience with veterinary medicine industry experience, contracts, and relationships in the Mid-Atlantic region
- Highly strategic, complex, and long sale cycle experience preferred.
- BA/BS degree from a four-year college or university
- Salesforce (or another CRM platform) experience a plus
- Strong Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills
- Ability to thrive in building a pipeline of top tier veterinary business leaders.
- Experience and excitement to engage in financial and deal negotiation topics
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; experience in effectively communicating financial and legal terms
- Strong written and oral presentation skills; ability to present concisely and with detail
- Road warrior mentality with ability to travel in your assigned territory
Why Mission Veterinary Partners (MVP)?
Because we do things a bit differently here. We're a rapidly growing network of veterinary hospitals located throughout the United States - and while it's important to know who we are, it's more important to know what drives us - our mission to be the employer of choice in veterinary medicine. Our actions speak louder than those words. We invest in our talented teams and our connection to our core values last longer than a quick glance through the employee handbook - we live them every day! MVP is a place where careers thrive for those who believe the right team can achieve anything.
What's in it for you?
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, generous PTO, pet health discount and dollar for dollar match on 401K...not to mention a team of smart and friendly coworkers!
Mission Veterinary Partners (MVP) is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.