Westland Veterinary Hospital has an opportunity for a Licensed Veterinary Technician to join our free free certified team!
$1000 signing bonus for qualified individuals
Address: 7610 N. Wayne Rd. Westland, MI 48185
Shift Details: Full time position (Flexible hours) 34-36 hours per week
Monday-Friday 8:00am-6:00pm, every other Saturday 8:00 am-1:00pm
Competitive Wage: Above market hourly compensation ($22+ / hour) based on experience, and great benefits offered - apply for details.
Our clinic is a full-service, small animal hospital located in Westland, Michigan! With a central location between Ann Arbor and Downtown Detroit, our client list is growing and so is our Medical team! It is our commitment to provide quality, veterinary care throughout our patients' lives. Our services and facilities are designed to assist in routine preventive care for young, healthy pets; early detection and treatment of disease as pets age; and complete medical and surgical care as necessary during his or her lifetime.
Summary: A Veterinary Technician must be able to provide leadership and training to the medical support staff in the operation of a small animal facility in accordance with hospital policy and procedures and provide medical care to patients as allowed in the veterinary practice act.
The veterinary technician is the doctor's primary medical support person. They begin the examination procedure and continue to assist the doctor throughout the examination, diagnosis and treatment phases. They aid the doctors in achieving greater efficiency by relieving them of technical work and administrative detail. They have a very significant role in communicating with clients about their pet.
While under the supervision of the practice manager and veterinarian, a Veterinary Technician must be able to effectively and accurately perform the following duties that include but are not limited to:
Benefits we offer:
- Competitive compensation based on experience and credentials. (Hourly)
- MVP Dream Fund: Profit sharing
- Medical Benefits package, vacation, 401k (match), scrub allowance, pet discounts & wellness programs.
- Flexible schedule with a focus on culture, wellness & balance.
- Customized learning and developmental opportunities!
How you'll make an impact:
- Provide quality patient care in tandem with other medical professionals.
- Be proficient in a variety of skills ranging from but not limited to: laboratory, pharmacy, radiology, surgery and dentistry.
- Record all pertinent medical, client and case related information in patient files. Review medical records, estimates or discharge instructions with clients.
- Schedule appointments, take payments and check-in clients. Answer practice phone lines.
- Participate in any special cleaning duties and equipment maintenance as directed.
- Support a work environment and culture that values critical thinking, problem solving, engagement, inclusion and diversity at all levels.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds and lift over 50 pounds with the assistance of a coworker. Requires sufficient ambulatory skills.
- Able to work in noisy work conditions with sounds from animals and equipment that can be moderately high.
- Employee is routinely exposed to a variety of pets that may bite or scratch, and on occasion, exposed to anesthesia, radiation, biological hazards and medication/controlled substances.
- Fluent in the written and verbal skills necessary to perform successfully the essential functions, duties, and responsibilities of the position. Must be able to exchange accurate information with all clients and team members.
Ideal qualifications / candidate attributes:
- 1+ years of technician experience required.
- Licensed Veterinary Technician (LVT) specific position also available!
We put people first and never compromise on our values.
Apply for immediate consideration!