Veterinary Assistant / Registered Veterinary Technician
Cleveland, OH Posted: 11/23/2021
Kentown Animal Hospital, located in Parma, OH, is seeking a full time Veterinary Assistant and Registered Veterinary Technician to join our team!
10397 W Pleasant Valley Rd, Parma, OH 44130
You will be a part of an experienced team that focuses on gold standard medicine and continuous improvement. Our Clinic offers a great tech and assistant to DVM ratio providing our DVMs the support they need throughout each day. Our doctors at Kentown offer a variety of services - our team puts emphasis on preventative care, in addition to imaging, surgery and dental procedures, soft tissue surgery as well as most orthopedic procedures. In addition, our practice is equipped with ultrasound and other 'toys' to aid in the diagnostic phase. We offer a collaborative team environment and strive to provide genuine Work Life Balance for all our Team Members. We have a unique caseload guaranteed to keep experienced Veterinarians happy and growing in their skills. We also invite new/recent graduates to apply as we can offer top-notch mentorship while you begin your career.
Reasons to join:
- Flexible schedule options - Part time or Full time available
- Dedicated surgeon that travels throughout the Ohio Pet family of clinics to assist
- Excellent team culture and longevity
- Well-established clientele with fantastic community reputation
- Ohio State University training hospital ready to provide mentorship in all areas of small animal veterinary medicine
How you"ll make an impact:
- Provide quality patient care in tandem with other medical professionals.
- Be proficient in a variety of skills ranging from but not limited to: laboratory, pharmacy, radiology, surgery and dentistry.
- Record all pertinent medical, client and case related information in patient files. Review medical records, estimates or discharge instructions with clients.
- Schedule appointments, take payments and check-in clients. Answer practice phone lines.
- Participate in any special cleaning duties and equipment maintenance as directed.
- Support a work environment and culture that values critical thinking, problem solving, engagement, inclusion and diversity at all levels.
- 1+ years of technician or assistant experience required.
Benefits we offer:
- Competitive compensation based on experience and credentials. (Hourly)
- MVP Dream Fund: Profit sharing (in eligible clinics)
- Medical Benefits package, vacation, 401k (match), scrub allowance, pet discounts & wellness programs.
- Flexible schedule with a focus on culture, wellness & balance.
- Customized learning and developmental opportunities!
Physical demands and work environment
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds and lift over 50 pounds with the assistance of a coworker. Requires sufficient ambulatory skills.
- Able to work in noisy work conditions with sounds from animals and equipment that can be moderately high.
- Employee is routinely exposed to a variety of pets that may bite or scratch, and on occasion, exposed to anesthesia, radiation, biological hazards and medication/controlled substances.
- Fluent in the written and verbal skills necessary to perform successfully the essential functions, duties, and responsibilities of the position. Must be able to exchange accurate information with all clients and team members.
Apply for immediate consideration!
Already have an account? Log in here