Licensed Veterinary Technician ***$1000 SIGNING BONUS***
Gibraltar, MI Posted: 11/23/2021
Gibraltar Veterinary Hospital has an opportunity for a Licensed Veterinary Technician! (Students are encouraged to apply for consideration!)
$1000 Signing Bonus!
Our team is committed to providing compassionate care to pets and quality information to clients. We hold ourselves to the highest standards of service and accountability to enhance the human-animal bond
Address: 29503 W Jefferson Ave. Gibraltar, MI 48173
Shift Details: Full Time position, 30+ hours per week (Must be flexible & reliable working 8 to 12 hour shifts)
We offer exceptional companion animal care to the downriver area for over 30 years. We are proud to be AAHA Certified (American Animal Hospital Association) and the first hospital in Michigan to be Fear Free Certified!
Benefits we offer:
- Industry leading pay for you, discounts for your furry friends!
- Medical, vision and dental benefits package.
- 401k program with company match starting day 1!
- A yearly scrub allowance for all employees.
- Flexible schedule with a focus on work-life harmony - You'll get PTO and have the time to use it!
- Free virtual yoga, fitness and meditation classes for ALL employees.
- Free virtual registered dietitian lead wellness, nutrition and cooking classes for ALL employees.
- Quarterly bonus opportunities!
- Customized learning and developmental opportunities!
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
How you'll make an impact:
- Provide quality patient care in tandem with other medical professionals.
- Be proficient in a variety of skills ranging from but not limited to: laboratory, pharmacy, radiology, surgery and dentistry.
- Record all pertinent medical, client and case related information in patient files. Review medical records, estimates or discharge instructions with clients.
- Schedule appointments, take payments and check-in clients. Answer practice phone lines.
- Participate in any special cleaning duties and equipment maintenance as directed.
- Support a work environment and culture that values critical thinking, problem solving, engagement, inclusion and diversity at all levels.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds and lift over 50 pounds with the assistance of a coworker. Requires sufficient ambulatory skills.
- Able to work in noisy work conditions with sounds from animals and equipment that can be moderately high.
- Employee is routinely exposed to a variety of pets that may bite or scratch, and on occasion, exposed to anesthesia, radiation, biological hazards and medication/controlled substances.
- Fluent in the written and verbal skills necessary to perform successfully the essential functions, duties, and responsibilities of the position. Must be able to exchange accurate information with all clients and team members.
Ideal qualifications / candidate attributes:
- 1+ years of technician experience required.
- Licensed Veterinary Technician (LVT) specific position also available!
Apply for immediate consideration!
Already have an account? Log in here