Gardner Animal Hospital has an opportunity for a full time Experienced or Registered Veterinary Technician!
Gardner Animal Hospital is a Full-Service Veterinary Care Center including both Preventative Medicine as well as Medical Treatment for your pet's illnesses, Surgery (including Routine Spays and Neuters, Orthopedic and Cosmetic), Ultrasound and Radiology Diagnostics, Laser Therapy and Pain Management, On-Site Laboratory, Prophylactic and Advanced Dental Care (including root canals and fillings), Oncology (Cancer Diagnosis and Treatment), Lodging, Daycare, and Full-Service Grooming.
Location: 945 E Santa Fe Gardner, KS 66030
Tentative Schedule: Full-Time (30+ hours/week. Schedule flexible within business hours. Some weekends required
- 1+ years of technician experience required, licensed/registered veterinary technician preferred.
- Have minimum of 3-6 months experience monitoring anesthesia and performing exam room tech duties.
- Be able to draw blood from both Jugular and Cephalic. Be able to place an IV Catheter.
- Must be able to intubate patients
How you'll make an impact:
- Provide quality patient care in tandem with other medical professionals.
- Be proficient in a variety of skills ranging from but not limited to: laboratory, pharmacy, radiology, surgery and dentistry.
- Record all pertinent medical, client and case related information in patient files. Review medical records, estimates or discharge instructions with clients.
- Schedule appointments, take payments and check-in clients. Answer practice phone lines.
- Participate in any special cleaning duties and equipment maintenance as directed.
- Support a work environment and culture that values critical thinking, problem solving, engagement, inclusion and diversity at all levels.
Benefits we offer:
- Competitive compensation based on experience and credentials. (Hourly)
- MVP Dream Fund: Profit sharing (in eligible clinics)
- Medical Benefits package, vacation, 401k (match), scrub allowance, pet discounts & wellness programs.
- Flexible schedule with a focus on culture, wellness & balance.
- Customized learning and developmental opportunities!
Physical demands and work environment
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds and lift over 50 pounds with the assistance of a coworker. Requires sufficient ambulatory skills.
- Able to work in noisy work conditions with sounds from animals and equipment that can be moderately high.
- Employee is routinely exposed to a variety of pets that may bite or scratch, and on occasion, exposed to anesthesia, radiation, biological hazards and medication/controlled substances.
- Fluent in the written and verbal skills necessary to perform successfully the essential functions, duties, and responsibilities of the position. Must be able to exchange accurate information with all clients and team members.
We put people first and never compromise on our values. Apply for immediate consideration!
Mission Veterinary Partners is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.