Registered Veterinary Technician
Canton, OH Posted: 11/24/2021
Mellett Animal Hospital is seeking an experienced Registered Veterinary Technician to join our team!
At Mellett Animal Hospital we offer a variety of services to cats and dogs. Preventative medicine, such as physical examinations, vaccinations, spays and neuters are our main focus. We also perform soft tissue surgery as well as most orthopedic procedures. In addition, our practice is equipped for radiology, in-house laboratory work, laser surgery, endoscopy and rhinoscopy.
Location: 4636 Tuscarawas St. Canton, OH 44708
Shift Details: This is a Full Time position (30+hours/week). This will be Monday-Friday from 8am-7pm generally, with at least one day off during the week.
Benefits we offer:
- Industry leading pay for you, discounts for your furry friends!
- Medical, vision and dental benefits package.
- 401k program with company match starting day 1!
- A yearly scrub allowance for all employees.
- Flexible schedule with a focus on work-life harmony - You'll get PTO and have the time to use it!
- Free virtual yoga, fitness and meditation classes for ALL employees.
- Free virtual registered dietitian lead wellness, nutrition and cooking classes for ALL employees.
- Quarterly bonus opportunities!
- Customized learning and developmental opportunities!
How you'll make an impact:
- Provide quality patient care in tandem with other medical professionals.
- Be proficient in a variety of skills ranging from but not limited to: laboratory, pharmacy, radiology, surgery and dentistry.
- Record all pertinent medical, client and case related information in patient files. Review medical records, estimates or discharge instructions with clients.
- Schedule appointments, take payments and check-in clients. Answer practice phone lines.
- Participate in any special cleaning duties and equipment maintenance as directed.
- Support a work environment and culture that values critical thinking, problem solving, engagement, inclusion and diversity at all levels.
- 1+ years of technician experience required.
- Veterinary Technician Certification or Licensure (RVT) specific positions also available!
- Have minimum of 3-6 months experience monitoring anesthesia and performing exam room tech duties.
- Be able to draw blood from both Jugular and Cephalic. Be able to place an IV Catheter.
Already have an account? Log in here