Companion Animal Hospital of Round Lake has an opportunity for a Veterinary Assistant to join our team!
Our animal hospital in Round Lake, IL opened its doors in Summer 2018 to serve pets and their family members throughout Round Lake, Ingleside and Chicago's Northwest suburbs. As part of the Companion Animal Hospital group, we hold fast to the belief that high-quality patient care and exceptional client service go hand in hand. Our veterinarian's goal is to help people by helping their pets with state-of-the-art medicine and care that exceeds all expectations.
Location: 415 N. Wilson Road Round Lake, IL 60073
Shift Details: This is a full time position, working 30+ hours a week. Rotating Saturdays and potential night shifts will be required.
Summary: A veterinary assistant must be able to provide assistance and support to the medical support staff in the operation of a small animal facility in accordance with hospital policy and procedures and provide medical care to patients as allowed in the veterinary practice act. While under the supervision of the veterinary technicians and practice manager. A veterinary assistant must be able to effectively and accurately perform the following duties that include but are not limited to:
- Provide patient care under the direction of a DVM.
- Maintain excellent client communication.
- Be proficient in a variety of skills ranging from but not limited to: laboratory, pharmacy, radiology, surgery, dental and nursing skills.
- Record all pertinent medical, client and case related information in the patient record accurately with appropriate grammar, terms and accurate information.
- Review medical records, estimates or discharge instructions with clients.
- Reception Skills: Provide client care for scheduling appointments, taking payments and check-ins.
- Answer the phones in a courteous and informative way.
Cleaning and Maintenance
- Assist in all daily duties for clinic care.
- Participate in any special cleaning duties.
- Perform clinic upkeep as directed.
- Perform equipment maintenance as directed.
- Identify areas or items needing additional attention.
Apply today for immediate consideration!
Mission Veterinary Partners is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.