Well Pets Veterinary Clinic and After Hours Urgent Care has an opportunity for a Veterinary Assistant to join our team!
Founded in 2011, the Well Pets team is here to provide excellent medical care for your pets and superior client service for you. Whether your pet needs their annual vaccines, surgery, parasite prevention, or treatment for an illness or injury, you can count on our team of veterinarians, technicians, assistants, and client experience coordinators to provide those services in a compassionate, professional manner, keeping you informed every step of the way.
Location: 7400 Carlisle Street Irmo, SC 29063
Shift Details: This is a full time position (30+hours/week)
Summary: A veterinary assistant must be able to provide assistance and support to the medical support staff in the operation of a small animal facility in accordance with hospital policy and procedures and provide medical care to patients as allowed in the veterinary practice act. While under the supervision of the veterinary technicians and practice manager. A veterinary assistant must be able to effectively and accurately perform the following duties that include but are not limited to:
- Provide patient care under the direction of a DVM.
- Maintain excellent client communication.
- Be proficient in a variety of skills ranging from but not limited to: laboratory, pharmacy, radiology, surgery, dental and nursing skills.
- Record all pertinent medical, client and case related information in the patient record accurately with appropriate grammar, terms and accurate information.
- Review medical records, estimates or discharge instructions with clients.
- Reception Skills: Provide client care for scheduling appointments, taking payments and check-ins.
- Answer the phones in a courteous and informative way.
Cleaning and Maintenance
- Assist in all daily duties for clinic care.
- Participate in any special cleaning duties.
- Perform clinic upkeep as directed.
- Perform equipment maintenance as directed.
- Identify areas or items needing additional attention.
Apply today for immediate consideration!
Mission Veterinary Partners is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.