Noe's Ark Animal Hospital has an exciting opportunity for a Kennel Attendant to join our team!
WE ARE TRUE ANIMAL LOVERS WITH A PASSION FOR HEALING PETS.
We have assembled an amazing veterinary health care team committed to providing exceptional client service and veterinary health care. Our team displays an unrivaled commitment to our clients through continuing education, technological advances in veterinary medicine and service, and most importantly, administering compassionate care to all pets and their owners entrusted to us.
Location: 717 N Lindsay Rd Mesa, AZ 85213
Shift Details: This is a Part-Time position between Sunday-Wednesday work week, but Sundays will not be a full day.
Summary: A Kennel Attendant provides daily care, feeding and exercise of boarding and pets. He or she also pays close attention to pets' status such as signs of stress and changes in eating or elimination habits, promptly notifying technicians and veterinarians when a pet needs medical attention. Proper record documentation and accurate completion of boarding forms and cage cards is critical. A Kennel Attendant must pay close attention to details, understand and follow proper feeding and sanitation procedures and monitor boarding animals.
Benefits we offer:
- Industry leading pay for you, discounts for your furry friends!
- Medical, vision and dental benefits package.
- 401k program with company match starting day 1!
- A yearly scrub allowance for all employees.
- Flexible schedule with a focus on work-life harmony - You'll get PTO and have the time to use it!
- Free virtual yoga, fitness and meditation classes for ALL employees.
- Free virtual registered dietitian lead wellness, nutrition and cooking classes for ALL employees.
- Quarterly bonus opportunities!
- Customized learning and developmental opportunities!
- Provide compassionate care to boarding pets.
- Walk through kennel area regularly, checking each pet for any abnormal activity such as vomiting, diarrhea or blood in the cage or run.
- Report abnormal activity to doctors and technicians, pull patient's medical record.
- Recognize emergency situations, enlisting the aid of doctors and technicians.
- Mark records correctly for eating, drinking and elimination habits.
- Feed and water animals according to schedules.
- Clean and disinfect cages, runs and yard as needed, using hoses and spray bottles of disinfectant. Use a squeegee to remove excess water.
- Clean and disinfect all food and water bowls.
- Wear personal protective equipment required for the area and maintain the personal protective equipment in good working order. Personal protective equipment includes goggles or face shields, aprons, full body aprons, gloves, boots and booties or other equipment assigned.
- Move pets to yard or other areas so runs can be disinfected; return animal to correct run after the run is clean and dry.
- Remove soiled bedding and take it to the laundry area.
- Place clean bedding in runs.
- Operate washer and dryer to clean kennel bedding and hospital laundry.
- Give baths to animals that quality for a bath before they go home.
- Administer medications to pets that require medications while boarding.
- Supervise animals when they are in the yard.
- Check-in animals for boarding, talk with owners, write specific feeding and medication instructions, play times, walks, additional services; Record all information on boarding forms.
- Place ID collars on all animals.
- Administer flea and tick control on all animals.
- Take pets to treatment area for all medical services to be administered.
- Record and label all personal belongings.
- Record medication instructions on the kennel medication board.
- Check out animals for boarding, talk with owners, return all personal belongings and review boarding report card with client.
- Take animals to exam room if there is a doctor discharge.
- Make medical records for animals needing a doctor exam, inform receptionists that there are now doctor charges and a doctor discharge is needed.
- Collect any samples requested by the doctor or technician.
- Know proper animal restraint techniques.
- Maintain food and supply storage areas.
- Understand infectious diseases and how to control and prevent their spread.
Mission Veterinary Partners is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Apply today for immediate consideration!