Sycamore Veterinary Hospital is growing and seeking an additional Licensed Veterinary Technician to join our team!
Address: 13217 Midlothian Tpke, Midlothian, VA 23113
**$1000.00 Sign on Bonus**
*Students and New Graduates encouraged to apply!
We're looking for superhero's for our team at Sycamore Veterinary Hospital. Are you ready to be a part of a team that saves together, shaves together, and stays together? We're here to make a difference, but we like to have fun, too! Our technicians are treated like the super stars they are with amazing compensation, profit sharing bonuses, and of course being treated like a human being and not a number. We believe in people over profits - everyday! Come join us in changing the industry, creating pathways for development for technicians, and make a difference with us!
For more than 30 years, Sycamore Vet has been proud to provide the most compassionate veterinary service to the Greater Richmond community. Our team of doctors and Licensed Veterinary Technicians bring a diverse knowledge of veterinary care to our patients and work together to give our patients the best possible care. We are a strong team that values and utilizes our LVT staff! Our Technician assistants help support and set up many aspects fo the work day. We are located in a wonderful area with a great demographic of clients we happily serve.
Shift Schedule: We are willing to be flexible! This is a full time position. A typical shift schedule would be four 10-hour days or three 12-hour days per week, and some shortened Saturday shifts per month.
How you"ll make an impact:
- Provide quality patient care in tandem with other medical professionals.
- Be proficient in a variety of skills ranging from but not limited to: laboratory, pharmacy, radiology, surgery and dentistry.
- Record all pertinent medical, client and case related information in patient files. Review medical records, estimates or discharge instructions with clients.
- Schedule appointments, take payments and check-in clients. Answer practice phone lines.
- Participate in any special cleaning duties and equipment maintenance as directed.
- Support a work environment and culture that values critical thinking, problem solving, engagement, inclusion and diversity at all levels.
- Surgical and Dental experience preferred.
- Experience with Cornerstone software and Idexx lab equipment preferred.
Benefits we offer:
- Competitive compensation based on experience and credentials.
- MVP Dream Fund: Profit sharing
- Medical Benefits package, vacation, 401k (match), scrub allowance, pet discounts & wellness programs.
- Flexible schedule with a focus on culture, wellness & balance.
- Customized learning and developmental opportunities!
Physical demands and work environment
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds and lift over 50 pounds with the assistance of a coworker. Requires sufficient ambulatory skills.
- Able to work in noisy work conditions with sounds from animals and equipment that can be moderately high.
- Employee is routinely exposed to a variety of pets that may bite or scratch, and on occasion, exposed to anesthesia, radiation, biological hazards and medication/controlled substances.
- Fluent in the written and verbal skills necessary to perform successfully the essential functions, duties, and responsibilities of the position. Must be able to exchange accurate information with all clients and team members.
We put people first and never compromise on our values.
Apply for immediate consideration!
Mission Veterinary Partners is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.