Mt. McKinley Animal Hospital is looking for a Janitor to assist with the daily upkeep of our veterinary facility!
We believe in making a difference in your life. We believe in helping you navigate the entire journey of owning and loving a pet. Guidance begins with listening. We take time to truly understand the relationship that you share with your pet. Your lifestyle, your goals, your worries, and everything in between... When we understand you like a friend would, we are at our best. We understand what it's like to love an animal so deeply.
Location: 425 Harold Bentley Ave, Fairbanks, AK 99701
Tentative Schedule: Full-time position - typical schedule during training/introductory period is Mon-Fri 7am-4pm. Once trained, the position can become 5am-2pm or 6am-3pm shift or adjust to meet both your and clinic needs. Start time is usually in the morning to give time to complete tasks before clients and team arrive.
- 1+ years experience in a janitor/maintenance position required
- Must be handy "fix it" person who can take on small projects, work on small equipment, and maintain the building maintenance
- Ability to work on own with minimal supervision
- Hold valid drivers license and insurance - job duties may include picking up supplies or animal transport to airport
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds, and over 50 pounds with a co-worker. Endure sitting, standing and walking on hard floor surfaces for extended periods.
- Ability to be confident around pets and able to work in noisy work conditions with sounds from animals and equipment that can be moderately loud.
- Cleaning main lobby and areas clients go into, cleaning bathrooms and floors, able to troubleshoot small things that need fixed (small equipment), maintain facility, lifting and carrying heavy items, shoveling snow and using snow blower when needed, picking up supplies from local stores, animal transport to/from airport, coordinate outside company maintenance when needed.
Benefits we offer:
- Industry leading pay
- Employee discount for veterinary care for your furry family members
- Medical, vision and dental benefits package for full-time employees
- 401k retirement plan options with company match for all staff over 21 years old
- A yearly scrub/uniform allowance for all employees
- Flexible schedule options
- Paid time off and paid holidays for full-time employees
- Short-term disability insurance provided to all full-time employees
- Life insurance and other benefit options are also available for full-time employees
- Education discount for all staff who desire to become an RVT/CVT/LVT through the Penn Foster Online program (some eligibility requirements)
- Free virtual yoga, fitness, and meditation classes for all employees
- Free virtual registered dietitian lead wellness, nutrition, and cooking classes for all employees
- Customized learning and developmental opportunities
Apply today for immediate consideration!
Mission Veterinary Partners is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.