Birmingham, MI Posted: 12/5/2019
Gasow Veterinary Hospital
36877 Woodward Ave.
Birmingham, MI 48009
8 Doctor Practice!
Our beautiful hospital in located close to downtown Birmingham and near Somerset Mall. We have 8 wonderful doctors and great staff! We are a large busy clinic who offers many wonderful services to our clientele.
- Wellness Exams
- Dental Care
- Senior Wellness
- Spay & Neuter
- In-House Laboratory
Benefits we offer:
- Competitive compensation based on experience and credentials. (Hourly/ Salary)
- MVP Dream Fund: Profit sharing (in eligible clinics)
- Medical Benefits package, vacation, 401k (match), scrub allowance, pet discounts & wellness programs.
- Flexible schedule with a focus on culture, wellness & balance.
- Customized learning and developmental opportunities!
How you’ll make an impact:
- Provide quality patient care in tandem with other medical professionals.
- Be proficient in a variety of skills ranging from but not limited to: laboratory, pharmacy, radiology, surgery and dentistry.
- Record all pertinent medical, client and case related information in patient files. Review medical records, estimates or discharge instructions with clients.
- Schedule appointments, take payments and check-in clients. Answer practice phone lines.
- Participate in any special cleaning duties and equipment maintenance as directed.
- Support a work environment and culture that values critical thinking, problem solving, engagement, inclusion and diversity at all levels.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds and lift over 50 pounds with the assistance of a coworker. Requires sufficient ambulatory skills.
- Able to work in noisy work conditions with sounds from animals and equipment that can be moderately high.
- Employee is routinely exposed to a variety of pets that may bite or scratch, and on occasion, exposed to anesthesia, radiation, biological hazards and medication/controlled substances.
- Fluent in the written and verbal skills necessary to perform successfully the essential functions, duties, and responsibilities of the position. Must be able to exchange accurate information with all clients and team members.
Ideal qualifications / candidate attributes:
- 1+ years of technician experience required.
- Veterinary Technician Licensure (LVT) specific positions also available!
We put people first and never compromise on our values.
Apply for immediate consideration!
Already have an account? Log in here