Indian River Veterinary Clinic
WE ARE RAPIDLY GROWING AND EXPANDING HOURS!
Part-Time Veterinary Assistant
If you love animals, want to practice the best veterinary medicine available, and think pet owners deserve to be treated as the very special people they are - then Indian River Veterinary Clinic is looking for you! We are adding to our team!
Are you thinking about taking an adventure and exploring Northern Michigan? Are you looking for an opportunity at a well-established clinic that offers digital radiology, in-house chemistry, emergency and/extended care, nutritional counseling, surgical services and so much more. Look no further, Indian River Veterinary Clinic has a lot to offer!
Indian River, has so many things to see and do in the up-north atmosphere. During, the winter months, enjoy snowmobiling, skiing, and snowshoeing to ice fishing and other outdoor activities. When Spring and Summer comes you can go canoeing, golf, play on our beaches, fish or just relax. It is perfectly located half way between Lake Michigan and Lake Huron. It also has Michigan's famed Inland Waterway making it a boating and finishing wonderland. It also has some of the best power sports trails and routes in Michigan plus is an ATV, motorcycle and snowmobile friendly community!
At Indian River Veterinary Clinic, we take pride in delivering personalized, compassionate care to our patients and their guardians! Our team has been working together for many years and are knowledgeable in most all areas of small animal medicine.
Summary: A veterinary assistant must be able to provide assistance and support to the medical support staff in the operation of a small animal facility in accordance with hospital policy and procedures and provide medical care to patients as allowed in the veterinary practice act. While under the supervision of the veterinary technicians and practice manager. A veterinary assistant must be able to effectively and accurately perform the following duties that include but are not limited to:
- Provide patient care under the direction of a DVM.
- Maintain excellent client communication.
- Be proficient in a variety of skills ranging from but not limited to: laboratory, pharmacy, radiology, surgery, dental and nursing skills.
- Record all pertinent medical, client and case related information in the patient record accurately with appropriate grammar, terms and accurate information.
- Review medical records, estimates or discharge instructions with clients.
- Reception Skills: Provide client care for scheduling appointments, taking payments and check-ins.
- Answer the phones in a courteous and informative way.
Cleaning and Maintenance
- Assist in all daily duties for clinic care.
- Participate in any special cleaning duties.
- Perform clinic upkeep as directed.
- Perform equipment maintenance as directed.
- Identify areas or items needing additional attention.
- To perform this job successfully it will be necessary to become proficient in the use of the practice management software.
Special Working Conditions
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds, and over 50 pounds with a co-worker.
- Endure sitting, standing and walking on hard floor surfaces for extended periods.
- Ability to be confident around pets.
- Able to work in noisy work conditions with sounds from animals and equipment that can be moderately high.
- Client needs and work volume may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Requires sufficient ambulatory skills in order to perform duties while in a hospital environment.
- Employee is routinely exposed to a variety of pets that may bite or scratch, and on occasion, exposed to anesthesia, radiation, biological hazards and medication/controlled substances.
- Minimal travel required, possibly for vendor visits and associate education.
Apply today for immediate consideration!