Heavy Duty Mechanic -Journey Person
Edmonton, AB Posted: 8/22/2023
The Nuna Group of Companies is now accepting resumes for Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic(s) to join our team at various project sites located across Canada's North. Our slogan is Dependable Project Development and for that to happen we need dependable and versatile heavy duty mechanics that keep our equipment running.
Nuna is the largest Inuit-owned heavy civil construction, earthworks, and mine (mining) construction contractor in Canada.
- Competitive hourly rates (Journeyman rates start at $50/hr.) with paid Overtime, + INCENTIVES
- 2w x 2w or 3w x 3w rotations ( depends on work site)
- Fly in and Fly out
- Extensive Benefits with pension,
- Rotation incentives paid out for every rotation,
- Travel and accommodations provided,
- Short and Long term opportunities available,
- All tools and equipment are supplied by Nuna
Location of roles:
Ontario, Northwest Territories, British Columbia, Nunavut, and Saskatchewan
- Assist with the maintenance, repair and service of large off-road industrial equipment (haul / rock trucks, dozers, loaders, excavators, graders, packers, etc.)
- Assist with the maintenance, repair and service of smaller equipment when required - vehicles, generators, etc.
- Ability to take apart and put together heavy equipment after being shipped to site.
- Troubleshoot and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions and determine extent of repair required.
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts,
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance,
- Service attachments and working tools,
- Keep maintenance reports and documentation
Qualifications /Preferred Education and Experience:
- Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic (Off Road) Trade Certification and/or Journeyman Heavy Duty Equipment Technician (Red Seal) preferred;
- Valid Driver's License;
- 2 years previous experience working on larger industrial heavy equipment used in the mining and earthworks industry; (Earthworks, Civil construction and Mining)
- Experience with a variety of brands of heavy equipment: CAT, John Deere, Komatsu, etc.
All successful candidates must:
- Be proficient in English, both verbally and written;
- Have a valid Class 5 Driver's License;
- Eligible to work for any employer in Canada;
- Resides within Canada;
- Have experience as requested in the job description above.
Nuna is committed to the principle of employment equity. We welcome diversity and encourage all who are qualified to express their interest.
We thank all who apply but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Already have an account? Log in here