Civil Quality Control - QA / QC
- Job Type:
- Minimum Experience:
- Required Education:
- Job Description:
Nuna is the largest Inuit-owned heavy civil construction, earthworks and mine construction contractor in Canada.
Nuna is a highly regarded civil construction company with hundreds of employees working across the Arctic and Northern Canada. Working often in remote locations, Nuna offers unique on-the-job experience and opportunity to build an exciting career. Our multi-disciplined teams provide a comprehensive array of services and innovative solutions to the most challenging and remote sites in northern Canada. Nuna's core values of: Safety - Integrity - Teamwork - Respect for Cultural Diversity and for Community & Environment; reflect our reputation as a safe, cost-effective and innovative operator in the north.Civil Quality Control - QA / QCJob description:
These roles will be site based in Ontario. Regular rotations are 2w x 2w.We offer a competitive wage with full benefits, flights and accomodations.Interested applicants are asked to apply online at https://nunalogistics.com/join-our-team/by email: firstname.lastname@example.org fax: 780-434-7758We thank all who apply but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Corroborate with the client quality control team to understand the project requirements.
- Create and maintain project turnover packages.
- Develop, implement, maintain and coordinate Nuna’s quality control systems and program in accordance with project specifications for audit inspections, investigations and quality control reporting.
- Proactively identify and perform hazard and risk analysis to advise on preventative measure, mitigation and corrective actions to ensure high quality that aligns with the project requirements and rectify and resulting trends.
- Ongoing monitoring and completion of quality control documentation, such as subgrade approvals, subbase approvals, proof rolling, compaction reports, backfill reports etc.
- Manage and maximize the use of project quality resources to effectively deliver projects on time and on budget
- Provide corporate leadership, mentorship, and direction to all project quality control personnel
- Complete and control documentation regarding ITP’s, RFI’s, CAR’s, PAR’s, TQ’s, NCR’s, construction work plans, redline drawings, deficiencies and punch list systems, earth work analysis proctors and sieves etc.
- Compile and communicate appropriate lessons learned and good practices from the Project to ensure continuous improvement across the business
- Post-secondary degree in a Civil Engineering, Civil Engineering Technology, or Construction Engineering Technology.
- Rail civil construction experience considered an asset
- 3 to 5 years of work experience in a related role on heavy civil projects is required.
- Ability to read survey drawings and understand survey methodology.
- Able to explain difficult information clearly and influence others towards consensus agreement in straightforward situations Work Conditions
- High attention to detail and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Excel, and ability to quickly learn new software
- Detailed technical knowledge of codes and standards, regulatory requirements, modern construction practices, techniques and equipment
- Job Requirements: