740 Haul Truck Driver
- Job Type:
- Minimum Experience:
- Required Education:
- Job Description:
The Nuna Group of Companies is now accepting resumes for Haul Truck Operators for work located at our client site near Timmins, Ontario.Nuna is the largest Inuit-owned heavy civil construction, earthworks and mine construction contractor in Canada.Nuna Logistics is a highly regarded civil construction company with hundreds of employees working across the Arctic and Northern Canada. Working often in remote locations, Nuna offers unique on-the-job experience and opportunity to build an exciting career. Our multi-disciplined teams provide a comprehensive array of services and innovative solutions to the most challenging and remote sites in northern Canada. Nuna's core values of: Safety - Integrity - Teamwork - Respect for Cultural Diversity and for Community & Environment; reflect our reputation as a safe, cost-effective and innovative operator in the north.Successful candidates will have experience operating CAT 740 Haul Trucks, Rock Trucks (40-45T) and / or other articulating haul trucks in large earthworks construction /projects settings.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts pre-trip/walk-around safety inspections and completes daily Field Level Hazard Assessments for all activities
- Operate equipment safely and efficiently to meet production targets
- Maintains equipment in good operating condition, reporting and logging maintenance requirements or concerns
- Complete production reporting and other documentation as required
- Communicate effectively and professionally with other team members
- Job Requirements:
Location: This is a site-based role based in Northern Ontario, Canada.Shift / Rotation: 2 weeks in / 2 weeks out. 11.5 hour shifts.Rate: Competitive hourly rate with overtime, comprehensive benefits, companyrewards program. Flights are also provided!Work will be primarily outdoors in various weather conditions.Candidates may have to clear pre-access requirements such as criminal backcheck, D&A, Medical, and Covid-19 testingNuna is committed to the principle of employment equity.We welcome diversity and encourage all who are qualified to express their interest.
- Previous experience operating above mentioned equipment in a road building, mining, and/or industrial setting
- Previous experience with rotational schedules and remote camp life
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license appropriate to the requirements of the vehicle being driven
- Incorporates HS&E concepts into work activities and demonstrates concern for others health & safety (co-workers, clients, and sub trades)
- Willing and capable of committing to a 2x2 rotation.
- Surface Miner CORE an asset. (Please submit copy with your resume).