· Performs statistical activities in support of clinical studies, including protocol and analysis plan development, data analysis, preparation of final study reports, and publications under the supervision of a more senior member of the functional group.
· Provides consultation to study teams and data management function in the development of databases, data analysis pipelines, and data quality specifications.
· Works on problems of diverse scope in which analysis of data may require the application of complex statistical methodologies. Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
· Performs routine work independently and with general instructions on new assignments. Draft deliverables may be reviewed by a more senior member of the biostatistics function before being shared with other functions.
· This is an individual contributor role with no management responsibilities.
· Other responsibilities as assigned.
· Ph.D. in Biostatistics/Statistics (preferred) or comparable demonstrated technical ability with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in industry or academia
· Knowledge of theoretical and applied statistics, with demonstrated knowledge of survival analysis methods
· Effective programming skills in SAS
· Experience with design and analysis of controlled clinical trials (preferred) and/or observational studies
· Experience in publishing results from clinical or epidemiologic studies
· Strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills
· Effective communicator with the ability to maintain open communication with team members, managers, and customers
· Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner
· Able to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality
· Ability to work as part of a team
· Knowledge of epidemiologic methods, oncology, and genomics
· Experience with clinical trials in the biopharmaceutical industry
· Knowledge of R programming