A global manufacturing client of ours is actively targeting to hire an experienced Accounting professional to join their well-established and growing Internal Audit team at a Lead level. The Internal Audit group's primary focus is to deliver a systematic / disciplined approach of evaluating and improving the effectiveness of the Company's control, governance, and risk management processes. This position will offer the opportunity for up to 25% travel to sites mainly in the domestic US, with a couple of international trips (Mexico, South America) throughout the year. (All travel and site-visits are pre-planned)
The Lead Internal Auditor will be a goal and career-driven professional who will report directly into the Audit Director & Manager. This position is open due to a recent promotion within the team, which is keeping with the company's commitment to offering career advancement/growth across the organization. In addition, this organization offers a phenomenal benefits package and has an engaging corporate culture.
- The Auditor will be expected to offer continuous improvements to the Department, particularly in regards to SOX compliance, testing methodologies and end products.
- Understand and apply company’s internal controls and accounting policies, as well as Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS).
- Develop, and leverage, knowledge of the company’s information systems and their application.
- Identify risk and assess the effectiveness of control activities; including performance of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOx) testing of the design and effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting.
- Create organized stand alone workpapers to support audit testing and report findings.
- Review workpapers and report drafts to ensure that all significant accounting, auditing and reporting issues have been identified and communicated.
- Evaluate and improve on the effectiveness and efficiency of the audit process by continually challenging and improving the audit procedures.
- Utilize exposure gained from assignments to build knowledge of the company’s business for future opportunities outside of Internal Audit.
- Contribute to on-going risk assessment.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.