A fast growing Fintech client of ours in Wilmington, DE is looking to hire a Director of Credit Strategy. This individual will be a critical member of the Credit team and will be responsible for optimizing lead selection, underwriting and offer strategies with a goal of maximizing conversion, customer experience, credit performance and investor return. This individual will work directly within the Credit Organization and contribute leadership and technical expertise to achieve shared objectives. The individual is also expected to partner with other areas of the business to drive overall company objectives, by identifying opportunities and proposing solutions. Internal and External Stakeholder satisfaction will be a component of measuring performance.
- This individual will be responsible for monitoring, refining and developing underwriting strategies.
- Create test/control champion/challenger tests and monitoring to inform future underwriting criteria.
- Partner with Decision Science team to define and develop Credit models and tools.
- Develop strategies that maximize conversion rates while maintaining credit discipline.
- Respond to portfolio and vintage based performance results to improve existing strategies.
- Cultivate good working relationships with other business units, particularly Marketing, Operations, and Finance.
- Maintain overall risk and return targets for investors particularly in a changing economic environment.