A fast growing Fintech client of ours is looking to hire a Director of Loss Forecasting for their team in Wilmington, DE. The director will be a critical member of the Credit team and will have the ownership of loss forecasting and Credit performance reporting. The individual will have a specific focus on helping the company meet or beat the loss targets and returns.
- Develop portfolio and vintage based loss forecasting that include both micro and macroeconomic factors.
- Ensure the accuracy of loss assumptions used at the time of acquisitions and used in securitization deals.
- Ensure alignment between loss targets in company’s financial models, delinquency targets, and residual cash-flows.
- Develop stress-testing procedures to ensure company’s safety and soundness throughout economic cycle.
- Cultivating a good working relationship with other business units, particularly Credit, Operations, and Finance.
- Develop and maintain Credit performance trend reports on a weekly, monthly and ad-hoc basis.
- Perform trend analysis and 'actual vs. expected' analytics to determine primary drivers to the business problems or challenges.
- Maintain macroeconomic newsletter.