A leading US Industrial, Medical and Safety Product Supplier client of ours located in the King of Prussia, PA area is currently looking to hire a Cloud Architect to join their team on a full time basis. This person will lead the research, analysis, and design efforts to deliver the solution architecture to meet the strategic needs of the enterprise. The Cloud Architect is responsible for designing and developing the road map for a public Cloud Service to support the needs of the companies 1200 locations and e-business platform.
- Deliver cost estimation for the proposed architectures
- Challenge existing architectures to improve security, cost, resiliency, performance, reliability
- Deploy services and solutions infrastructure in AWS using infrastructure as code with a strong emphasis on standardization and reusability
- Collaborate closely with the Cloud Services operations team to transition the delivered infrastructure and support the operations automation objective
- Collaborate with other GIO service lines (Security, Network, End-User services, Processes and Continuous Improvement) to integrate the cloud infrastructure in the broader team context and influence their roadmap towards a better cloud integration
- Share expertise and communicate the value of the public cloud - and more specifically AWS, to the applications team in the Americas
- Engage the AWS Enterprise support and account teams on AWS roadmap, feedback, technical, governance and architectural topics. Facilitate contacts between the Americas applications teams and the AWS teams.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Maintains quality service by enforcing quality and customer service standards, analyzing and resolving quality and customer service problems, and recommending system improvements.