Our client has engaged our firm to identify a tactical and entrepreneurial-minded Finance professional who has the ability/passion to work within a solution-oriented, fast-paced, evolving organization. They have created a cutting edge private-cloud hosting solution for the SMB market. Their solution is a dedicated cloud environment for hosting business applications such as ERP, CRM, HR and other IT service applications. They also provide IT Security monitoring/consulting and IT Managed Services. What makes their platform different from any other cloud hosting service is their commitment to smooth application integration and quick deployment.
The Controller / Finance Director position will lead the Accounting/Finance function for the business and have 3 direct reports. This position will be responsible for the tactical accounting and GL functions as well as the financial analysis, reporting and forecasting for the largely recurring revenue-based business model of the 4 major lines of service. The role will work closely with the CEO and the rest of the executive leadership team to provide deeper insights into the numbers surrounding their business and help to guide strategic direction for the profitability of the business moving forward. This is a high-priority and newly created opportunity to join a growing company that relies on the technical creativity and innovation of its employees to power them into the future.
This position is currently remote-based, due to COVID, and will continue to allow for remote work access going forward, however will require occasional on-site interaction at their Corporate HQ in Philadelphia.
- Manage monthly close process and all aspects of financial reporting
- Play a key role in the financial budgeting process; monitor and analyze operating results against budget and provide insights for potential improvements
- Provide business intelligence and management insight on recurring revenue activities to ensure the company can evaluate current and future growth trends using a subscription-based model
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Develop and implement efficient processes and that will scale with the company
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls
- Work collaboratively with all other departments to ensure seamless operations and information flow
- Oversee daily accounting operations performed by a staff of three team members.