Our most reputable BioPharma client in the local area has a fantastic (newly-created) Audit Manager opportunity that will partner directly with the Executive Leadership team. The Manager will lead and perform integrated financial, operational, technological, compliance and special request audits of worldwide operations. This Manager will play an integral role in supporting the Corporate Audit Services function to enhance and protect organizational value and help improve business operations/objectives by bringing a systemic and disciplined approach to evaluating the effectiveness of the company’s governance, risk management, compliance and control practices.
Manage and perform audit assignments per Company & IIA standards, as well as support SOX testing, audit plan development and department initiatives:
- Engagement Planning: Obtain a thorough understanding of process and operational objectives, risk factors, key performance measures and leading practices for the area under audit. Identify control objectives, control activities and key control points and related risks. Develop and/or revise audit programs to perform the audit procedures.
- Fieldwork Execution: Evaluate the adequacy of internal control and processes through the development of work plans and testing approaches. Properly document work papers to support audit observations for review by Corporate Audit Services management. Manage internal and external staff as necessary and perform work paper reviews.
- Communication and Reporting: Identify and communicate issues (verbally and in writing) and opportunities to enhance operations and internal controls to relevant stakeholders including Senior Management. Organize and lead regular and ad hoc status and issues meetings during the course of the audit. Draft audit reports and reviews with Leadership and relevant management stakeholders. Follows up with management on open audit observation action plans.
- Audit Plan Development: Participate in the audit risk assessment and audit plan development process, including updating the audit universe and associated risks on a periodic basis.
- SOX testing: Assist in the oversight and performance of SOX testing as necessary, including coordination with external auditor where applicable.
- Department administration & initiatives: Responsible for performing assigned departmental administrative responsibilities and driving completion of selected departmental goals and initiatives, such as: support preparation of Audit Committee materials, audit management system administration, and quality assurance and improvement program.