The Plant Controller will lead the finance function of a complex manufacturing site at the global business unit headquarters in Waterbury. This role reports directly to the VP of Finance and leads a team of three direct reports. There are opportunities to interact with and learn from both domestic and international colleagues to expand the knowledge base and expose oneself to different financial principles. This opportunity has been identified as having a strong career path to further leadership roles inside and outside the business unit.
• Ensure company accounting procedures conform to generally accepted accounting principles, including all Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) policies.
• Direct the financial accounting close cycle, including corporate financial reporting.
• Control and Compliance - Ensure compliance with US GAAP and SOX objectives ensuring the timely completion of self-testing and posting of required documentation. Instruct all accounting and operations personnel in control and process objectives. Drive continuous improvement in all areas related to reporting, control, and compliance.
• Financial Reporting - Provide timely and effective reporting and analysis of financial information to meet the needs of the commercial business and to comply with monthly reporting requirements. Ensure reporting is in compliance with SOX guidelines. Prepare monthly internal and external reporting packages for the management team. Manage external audit. Liaise with senior managers on issues related to accounting, reporting, treasury, and related matters. Handle ad hoc requests for analysis and information, as necessary.
• Working Capital Management - Establish targets, and challenge and direct the group in all areas of collections, payables management, and inventory to achieve improvements in working capital.
• Reporting systems - Ensure a rigorous control environment and that systems are sufficient to meet the needs of the business. Recommend and manage the implementation of improvements to ERP and other reporting systems to improve efficiency and effectiveness. Liaise with management to ensure that systems are enhanced as required to meet the changing needs of the business.
• Planning and Budgeting – With the Director of FP&A, assist in the budgeting and planning process for the CT location. Develop models and analysis as required. Establish and implement short-and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
• Income taxes - Coordinate the preparation and filing of all corporate income tax returns, all state and local property tax, franchise and sales and use tax returns. Act as primary liaison with Corporate HQ team members and auditors for their preparation/review of all corporate income tax returns. Ensure that all inter-company balances and transactions are in compliance with taxation regulations. Act as liaison for taxation audits. Manage identified tax issues as required.
• Credit and Collections - Manage the credit process and work with VP Controller to establish credit policies for the business as required. Review and monitor accounts receivable and contact customers when they become delinquent.