A cutting-edge Financial Services and Technology client of ours is looking to grow their Application Development team and they have a rather unique opening for a senior level Software Engineer/ Development Manager to join their team.
The primary function of the role is to assist developers who are working on securitizing and optimizing new offers from the organization. The main code base is Java/C++ but this individual will also have the opportunity to work in python and get some experience with AWS. The organization is a leader in the niche field of settlement services and provides a critical need for financial markets worldwide.
Individuals in this role can expect to gain deep knowledge of a unique financial services industry, learn technology project management and also gain a deep understanding of risk management.
- Undertake full and complete ownership of designated application components all the way from conception and design to delivery and support
- Collaborate with Business Analysts, Application Architects, Developers, QA, Engineering, and Technology Vendor teams for design, development, testing, maintenance and support
- Lead, guide and mentor onsite and offshore developers on technical direction and ensure that the SDLC process and governance requirements are fully adhered to and are in compliance
- Plan, implement and ensure that delivery milestones are met
- Improve business processes and support critical business strategies by managing the development, implementation, and maintenance of business application systems
- Provide solutions using design patterns, common techniques, and industry best practices that meet the typical challenges/requirements of a financial application including usability, performance, security, resiliency, and compatibility
- Proactively recognize system deficiencies and implement effective solutions
- Participate in, contribute to, and assimilate changes, enhancements, requirements (functional and non-functional), and requirements traceability
- Apply significant knowledge of industry trends and developments to improve in-house practices and services
- Provide Level-3 support. Provide application knowledge and training to Level-2 support team