Functional specialist MES support
IT Security, Audit, Compliance
The Functional Specialist is the solution expert of one or more functional areas/modules in MES.
Considered as the “go-to” person when detailed setup or solution design questions are to be addressed in a particular functional area.
- Roll out Template solution to locations according to MES program,
- Quality and detailed scheduling for all areas are the main focus areas,
- He/She is considered as the face to the customer working closely (onsite) with business and Solutioning team (Solution Architects, Functional specialists, developers, etc.),
- He/she is accountable for the following tasks within the change control process:
- Configure MES for respective area,
- Create Training Material,
- Train Key Users,
- Address business questions/requests according to the methodology.
- He/she is responsible to address business questions / requests according to the methodology,
- He/she reviews and supports testing of the developer code for developments in conjunction with developers and liaises and resolves faults identified with the Data Migration / Integration and Testing teams in support of testing cycles.
- College or University Degree,
- Five years plus working with MES / ERP or variant in a hands-on project environment:
- Experience in enterprise-level MES / ERP projects using waterfall methodology throughout the whole life cycle with repeated and demonstrable success,
- Extensive experience with application configuration, including workflows,
- Experience defining business requirements, writing functional design documentation,
- Expert level understanding of MES / ERP systems (Hydra preferably) modules and underlying architecture design,
- Experience in designing MES/ERP software components,
- Experience integrating MES/ERP with different business systems, as well as working with integration tools,
- Expert level understanding of environment management, release management, code versioning best practices, and deployment methodologies.
- Full lifecycle MES/ ERP experience in manufacturing environment with specific understanding of manufacturing, supply chain, shop floor, commercial and finance processes and operations,
- Expert in depth understanding of business functions. Specific knowledge of at least one of the following modules:
- Quality and detailed scheduling,
- Shop floor & Manufacturing,
- Supply Chain.
- Intimate knowledge of Change management approaches and techniques e.g. stakeholder analysis, stakeholder mapping, content creation and delivery,
- BCS Practitioner Certificate or equivalent,
- PRINCE2 certificate,
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)