Context of the Job:
Required experience: University degree in Finance/Accounting/Business Administration/ Economics and at least 3 years of relevant tax/accounting experience.
Complies with tax legislation within EMEA, enabling the execution of quality services and minimization of tax risks.
EMEA Tax Specialist has the knowledge and expertise in corporate taxation and indirect taxation in order to ensure compliance in Stefanini EMEA countries with the following areas:
• Corporate Tax Compliance;
• Indirect Tax review;
• Interaction and collaboration with various Tax Authorities;
• Liaising with various Stefanini departments, authorities and auditors;
• Transfer Pricing;
• International Tax Planning and Structuring.
- Performs VAT, corporate tax and withholding tax compliance for Romanian entities in a correct and timely manner;
- Prepares information for foreign VAT, corporate and withholding tax returns for EMEA entities and reviews and reconciles tax returns;
- Complies with legal deadlines for submitting tax & financial declarations and ensures that (advance) payments are performed in due time;
- Ensures compliance with tax legislation in EMEA and identifies/ solves any possible tax compliance issues in due time;
- Contributes to tax calculation for month-end financial reporting and year-end deferred tax;
- Contributes to preparation and timely submission of Transfer Pricing declarations and files;
- Liaises with different authorities in EMEA countries and with fiscal consultants, in order to ensure compliance with local tax legislation. Identifies any possible tax issues in time and proposes corrective measures;
- Participates in gathering information and supporting documentation required by Tax Authorities. Ensures that such documentation is available for corporate tax, VAT, withholding tax etc., in order to comply with tax legislation;
- Participates in analysis and review of tax provisions;
- Identifies the organization's tax risk areas and provides input for corrective actions;
- Offers support in preparation or update of internal tax procedures;
- Monitors changes in tax legislation in EMEA, analyzes implications for Stefanini entities and provides implementation ideas;
- Gives assistance to colleagues in assessing the fiscal treatment of different business operations developed by the company;
- Provides assistance in complex decisions and projects developed by the organization, from a tax perspective;
- Availability to travel if required, mainly to tax authorities, foreign travel only occasionally.
Required Professional Competencies:
- University level degree in Finance/Accounting/Business Administration/ Economics;
- Previous experience in Tax/Accounting in a multinational company: minimum 3 years;
- Researching and understanding tax law;
- Detail oriented;
- Very good organization and prioritization skills;
- Understanding of the end-to-end accounting and reporting processes, under IFRS and RAS;
- Customer oriented;
- Able to work independently and under tight deadlines;
- MS Office package - advanced
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Analytical with strong business and commercial acumen
- Very good level of English (written and verbal).
Required Technical Competencies:
- Mandatory Local tax and accounting principles and legislations, accounting software programs, Windows applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Windows);
- Advantage: Knowledge of IFRS, ERP Psoft (Oracle) system;