Unix Systems Administrator III
Las Vegas, NV Posted: 1/8/2021
We wanted to write an IPv4 joke, but the good ones were all already exhausted. ...... Are you an administrator of all things UNIX and do you get that joke? Are you looking to work with a team of technologists that get your Unix humor? This role is for an Unix Systems Administrator III who will be responsible for monitoring and and maintaining systems in a 24x7 highly-available production environment.
Lead all system initiatives and new projects in the Unix and Systems environment.
Install, patch and tune Operating Systems and all third party applications.
Ability to write scripts for monitoring critical systems and applications.
Implement developed procedure to monitor systems for capacity and performance.
Create department documentation and reports.
Dedicated to solve software issues that require research and interaction with internal resources and vendors
This is a full time position with on-call duties and requirements to rotate for schedule maintenance windows.
- 10+ years work experience as a Linux/Unix/Sun Solaris system admin
- Must have experience working in large enterprise class server environments
- Must have work experience with SAN technologies (storage and FC switches)
- Practical working knowledge of networking services and protocols - routing, subnets, UDP, TCP, IP, DNS, NFS, SSH, SNMP, SMTP, HTTP, LDAP & VLANs
- Should have scripting skills – eg bash shell
- Knowledge of clustering technologies and high availability strategies.
- Experience supporting web servers or application servers (eg Tomcat).
- Knowledge of backup software and recovery strategies.
Not Required, but Preferred
- Some CI/CD experience including but not limited to, Ansible, Jenkins, Puppet or Chef.
- Some development skills preferred e.g. ability to work on scripts or configuration automation frameworks.
- Experience with SAS Grid desirable.
- Support of Oracle databases desirable.
- F5 LTM/BigIQ experience desirable
- Experience with ZFS and Solaris Volume manager (ASM) desirable
Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college and a minimum of seven years of experience required.
Already have an account? Log in here