SOC Analyst Level 1
Las Vegas, NV Posted: 1/29/2021
The primary responsibility of the Analyst I – Cyber Security is to monitor various cyber security appliances to identify events that require escalated analysis. This entry-level analyst is a member of the cyber security operations team and works closely with the other team members of the cyber security team in support of a comprehensive cyber security program.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work closely with all Global SOC team members.
- Escalate alerts that require analysis to Level 2 SOC analysts.
- Define, gather and report on metrics regarding all security systems within the property environment.
- Manage the SOC mailbox and monitor and analyze the emails for threats including phishing and malware and escalates per procedure.
- Monitor, evaluate, and assist with the maintenance of assigned security systems in accordance with industry best practices to safeguard internal information systems and databases.
- Participate in the Investigation of security violations and breaches - may prepare reports on intrusions as needed.
- Maintain an understanding of the current vulnerabilities, response, and mitigation strategies used to support cyber security operations.
- Provide reoccurring reports for network and host-based security solutions.
- Safety is an essential function of this job.
- Consistent and regular attendance is an essential function of this job.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Monitor and inspect alerts to determine those that require analysis.
- 21 years of age.
- Proof of authorization to work in the United States
- Associate degree in Information Systems or equivalent in relevant discipline preferred.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Nevada Gaming Control Board registration and any other certification or license, as required by law or policy.
- 1 – 2 years hands on experience configuring and working with Information Technology Systems or equivalent education is preferred.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, ability to triage and resolve critical technical issues.
- Current, relative industry certifications preferred.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with the global team.
- Experience configuring and installing information security applications.
- Hands-on experience with security applications is preferred.
- Fundamental understanding of encryption technologies.
- Understanding of common network traffic, i.e., Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), Internet traffic, and mail.
- Working knowledge of one of the following platforms is preferred: IBM iSeries, Linux, and MS Windows.
- Ability to assess network activity and system configuration for anomalous activity to determine system security status.
- Knowledge and understanding of network protocols, network devices, multiple operating systems.
- Technical knowledge of mainstream operating systems and a wide range of security technologies, such as network security appliances, anti-malware solutions, automated policy compliance tools, and desktop security tools is preferred.
- Fundamental knowledge of network traffic alerts to assess, prioritize and differentiate between potential intrusion attempts and false alarms.
- Knowledge and understanding of current cyber threats.
- Provide off-hours support on an infrequent, but as needed basis. (Potential shifts may run 24/7 due to the need of the business.)
- Must be able to work varied shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays.
Already have an account? Log in here