We are looking for a self-motivated and knowledgeable candidate to fill a Unix Systems Administrator role in Las Vegas, NV.
- Installing, monitoring and upgrading UNIX system software on company servers and computers.
- Creating and maintaining UNIX user accounts and access management systems.
- Creating and setting standardized backup and recovery policies, as well as security policies. Applying patches and upgrades when necessary.
- Assisting in resolution of hardware/software platform problems in complex, multi-layered environment.
- Analyzing impact of software changes across other functional units.
- Maintaining space utilization statistics, forecast future space requirements.
- Establish, implement, and record Unix Administrator best practices.
- Implementing and managing system to proactively monitor infrastructure.
- Making recommendations for upgrades to hardware and software based on existing operations, pending needs and available budget.