Las Vegas, NV Posted: 7/27/2021
We are looking for an experienced BI Developer in the Las Vegas, NV area.
- Work in collaboration with the organization to understand business issues, identify new valuable areas of analysis and develop reports that analyze data warehouse information to support effective rapid decision making.
- Create Integration Services packages, scripts and other elements to move data from source systems into the data warehouse.
- Utilize data transformation steps to cleanse, aggregate and summarize data to create star schemas consisting of fact and dimension tables.
- Deploy and maintain reporting models using Visual Studio and SQL Server Reporting services that the business community can leverage for self-service analysis.
- Publish and maintain necessary metadata (data dictionary, etc.) to support the self-service reporting environment.
- Conduct informal training sessions that foster a solid understanding within the business community of both the ad-hoc reporting models and reports published through the reporting dashboard.
- Bachelor's degree in Math, IT or Finance.
- 6 Months to two years' experience working with SQL queries and processes.
- Working knowledge with SQL Server and SQL syntax.
- Ability to work directly in a team environment with a business group to translate business requirements into reporting solutions.
- Keen interest in understanding business issues through detailed information analysis.
- Ability to comprehend index design and SQL statement optimization techniques.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment on complex problems.
- Must be able to use sound judgment to develop effective solutions from loosely stated requirements.
- Intense attention to detail.
- Should be able to effectively QA own work product to make sure that warehouse data and published reports are complete and accurate.
- Exceptional problem solving and communication skills.
- Good communication and documentation skills.
- Ability to make knowledgeable decisions.
- Strong work ethic and organized work habits.
- Ability to interface well with business and vendors.
- Foster company success through a professional appearance, being courteous to customers & vendors and by having a positive attitude.
Already have an account? Log in here