San Francisco, CA Posted: 7/12/2022
Taurean Consulting Group is a 100% Woman-Owned IT Staffing and Project Solutions company built on deep relationships. With over 25 years of experience in Technology Staffing, we match candidates to the culture of an organization as well as required skill sets.
Our client is seeking a Network Technician to join their team in Las Vegas, NV on a direct hire basis. In this role, you will work either swing shift or graveyard and must be adaptable to shift scheduling to meet demand of 24/7/365 operations. If this is an issue, this is not the job for you.
Successful candidates excel at and enjoy:
- Installing, terminating, maintaining, and troubleshooting a variety of network cabling infrastructure (CAT 3/CAT 5/CAT 6 copper, fiber and coaxial), including but not limited to patch panels and cable management systems.
- Performing physical installation of a variety of circuits.
- Installing cabling support structures (cable tray, J-Hooks, ladder rack, ladder rack tray, cable horns).
- Coordinating with internal and external customers to install, troubleshoot, and test premise equipment including PDU's, computers, switches, routers, optics, wireless access points, and other transport equipment.
- Installing and replacing hard drives and RAM.
- Creating design layout records (D.L.R.) for all installations within a web-based environment.
- Executing standard cable testing procedures.
- Operating testing equipment including wire mapper/continuity tester, Probe and Tone generator, and Phone Test set.
- Providing quality, timely, and accurate end-to-end support of any issues within functional area of responsibility.
- Documenting all actions, events and corresponding time allocated for tasks. Utilize and navigate various ticketing and project tracking systems.
Your previous experience includes:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2-3 years of experience in Telecom industry or Information Technology discipline
- CompTIA (A+, Network+, Security+) certifications
- OSHA 10, First Aid/CPR, Ladder and Scaffold safety, Fire Extinguisher training, HazMat training
- Basic understanding of ANSI, EIA/TIA industry standards (25pr color code, T568A&B color code, etc.)
- Demonstrated knowledge of CAT 3, CAT 5 and CAT 6 cabling functions and specifications
- Demonstrate knowledge of Single-mode and Multi-mode fiber functions and specifications
- Knowledge of power systems including but not limited to PDU's, Fuse alarm panels
- Understanding of various network topologies
- Must be comfortable with Field Replaceable Units (FRU's) on multiple hardware platforms and familiar with all media types
- Ability to navigate and effectively utilize ticketing systems
- Computer literate with an emphasis on Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with equipment terminal access applications (Ex.: CRT, Putty, SSH)
- Ability to frequently and safely lift and/or move up to 70 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 500 pounds and utilize lifting/lowering devices
- Ability to work in various conditions unique to a data center environment
This position pays up to $24/hour and comes with an excellent benefit package. All work will be performed onsite in Las Vegas, NV. Where you land in the salary range depends on how well your background and experience meet the requirements outlined in the job posting. Making that first impression on your resume, online profile, and in your interview is a key part of the process. The Taurean recruitment team is dedicated to helping you present your very best self.
Does this sound like the job for you? If so, please apply today! Let's do this!
Not sure this is a fit? We can help! Contact us at 702-529-0378 to speak with one of our consultants about your career path!
Already have an account? Log in here