Senior Project Engineer
Owatonna, MN Posted: 4/21/2021
Our Senior Project Engineers support their team's projects by providing technical guidance, in-depth peer reviews, design oversight and contribute to product-focused team meetings. They also participate in the concept and creation of structural/mechanical designs that meet the technical requirements, project cost, and schedule criteria required by the customer. They lead projects through the design and development process while acting as the primary technical contact, from concept through installation and final acceptance. Sr. Project Engineers are commonly dedicated to a product line or group of product lines where depth of knowledge and problem-solving skills are considered an expert-level type of project support.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field of Engineering.
- 5+ years of product and/or project design and development experience utilizing SolidWorks design and modeling
- 5+ years of design-for-manufacturing experience, creating BOMs and understanding of manufacturing methods and limitations.
- Expert-level ability to interpret architectural and mechanical drawings/blueprints.
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with Project Management techniques and tools; Engineering data management system experience
- Familiarity with 2D layout in AutoCAD and exposure to BIM workflow in Revit/NavisWorks
As a Sr. Project Engineer, a typical day might include:
- Peer reviewing team projects for accuracy and consistency of drawing standards, material references and general design oversight.
- Attending business meetings related to a specific product line for reviewing quality reports, continuous improvement ideas, product documentation and project scope reviews.
- Collaborate with Sales, Project Management, Manufacturing, and Installation departments to define and execute the production of custom project components and systems.
- Conceptualizing and developing drawings with properly calculated dimensions, tolerance, and materials in accordance with company standards and practices. Perform 3D solids modeling as required.
- Working with Engineering and Production on complex application/technical problem identification and resolution to ensure timely execution of project schedule.
- Assisting in conducting stress, strength, weight distribution, center-of-gravity and other necessary calculations on products as required.
- Developing and maintaining clear project definitions and scope through the design, manufacturing, and implementation processes.
- On a project basis, maintaining up-to-date files, records and schedules of drafting and engineering documentation as required.
- Performing as the project "point person" assists Manufacturing, Sales and other Wenger departments in interpreting drawings and documents.
Already have an account? Log in here