Business Development Manager
Rochester, NY Posted: 5/26/2021
A leading Contract Manufacturer in the Pharmaceutical industry is seeking to bring on a Business Development Manager. The individual will be responsible for driving acquisition of new clients through direct consultative selling efforts, with a focus on selling integrated product solutions to senior-level client leadership.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Pipeline of New Business Opportunities:
- Actively prospects and identifies potential business opportunity leads utilizing defined business strategy contacts, current customer base, web site enquiries, referrals, or “cold call” introductions.
- Drives acquisition of new customers through direct consultative selling efforts, with a focus on selling integrated product solutions to senior-level customer leadership.
- Assists the Business Development Manager in gathering market intelligence to feed the Business Development Strategy.
- Coordinates the opportunity assessment, obtains the technical information from the customer, prepares the deal structure and conducts negotiations; prepares the final contract; marshals resources as necessary to ensure adequate support and responsiveness for each opportunity.
- Remains in contact with prospects after they have become customers to not only have the ability to assist with resolving issues, but also to identify additional opportunities for the customer.
- Maintains up-to-date information on key accounts.
Trusted Relationship with Key Targets:
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with decision-makers in key target areas through developing a deep understanding of their business, providing information regarding market trends, and presenting creative ways those trends could be addressed.
- Provides new ideas for customers that can make money or save money – often opportunities the customer hadn’t realized even existed.
- Creates and delivers presentations that effectively convey the company’s value proposition to key prospects.
High Value Network:
- Establishes strong working relationships with internal stakeholders and customers to ensure timely responses to contract inquiries, quick turn around on bids, and smooth contract implementation.
- Maintains a strong network of industry contacts in multiple functions; continually seeks competitive intelligence.
- Actively participates in relevant industry meetings and conferences. Creates visibility for Unither in Business Development circles and positions the company as a good business partner. Continually seeks new opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment that would enable the incumbent to speak credibly with customers about manufacturing processes and scientific methods.
- Previous business development experience in a pharmaceutical organization required.
- Previous experience in a CMO a plus.
- Working knowledge of the complete manufacturing process in a pharmaceutical environment including knowledge of pharmaceutical regulations
- Demonstrates a low pressure, open and honest approach to influencing customers.
- Strong scientific background with the ability to grasp and communicate complex scientific principles.
- Ability to develop solutions that are mutually beneficial to the client and to Unither
- Comfort interacting with the highest levels of senior management both within Unither and at other organizations.
- Standing 25% of the time. Walking 25% of the time. Sitting 50% of the time.
- Normal office environment with the need to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Visual acuity necessary to perform activities such as: reviewing information, preparing and analyzing data and figures; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
- The ability to write and communicate information via hand writing, telephone and computer keyboard.
- The ability to travel independently between various locations with/to business customers.
Already have an account? Log in here