Sr. Process Controls Engineer
Rochester, NY Posted: 5/27/2021
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor and improve machine process, develop work instructions and train employees
- Participate in implementing safety improvements
- Design, program, analyze and repair electrical drives and control units
- Provide technical expertise in troubleshooting Programmable Electronic Systems
- Modify control system logic and industrial machinery to optimize equipment performance and control
- Investigate operational problems affecting production in a systematic and methodical manner
- Bachelor’s degree (or above) in engineering, preferably electrical or controls engineering
- 5-7 years of controls engineering experience
- Experience in high-volume, high speed manufacturing
- Experience in pharmaceutical, medical device industry strongly preferred
- Hands on experience with packaging equipment, process and controls desired
- PLC experience (Allen Bradley, B&R, Siemens)
- Strong background in technical troubleshooting, problem solving.
- Detailed knowledge of equipment operation and validation requirements.
- Proficient knowledge of pharmaceutical cGMP requirements and systems.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements for manufacturing of pharmaceutical products.
- This position requires the ability to think in high level terms to develop technical solutions for new processes. It also requires the ability to think in specific, detailed terms when problem solving for existing processes.
- Ability to foster and maintain an environment of proactive working practices, and effective communication within the group, and between the group and external functions.
- Strong problem solving and investigation techniques.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated performance in project management.
- Strong organization skills with the ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment and balance multiple priorities.
- Expertise with solid and liquid pharmaceutical manufacturing processes, equipment, and operations.
- Must be capable of working independently, with self-initiative, self-motivation, and self-strategic direction, while also effectively working within team and matrix environment to influence and guide activity.
- Proven ability to work on complex problems and interpret scientific data where analysis requires an evaluation of intangible variables.
- Solid understanding and interpretation of Regulatory guidance documents and filing mechanisms.
- Experience preparing and delivering technical presentations.
- Ability to interact with people at all levels of the organization as well as some interaction with government agencies.
Already have an account? Log in here