Elmira, NY Posted: 6/30/2021
The Manufacturing Engineer supports the production and processes for our CNC machining centers and our CNC lathe assembly. This position provides technical solutions regarding CNC programming, routing development, assembly process development, process improvements, and tooling/fixture design.
- Apply knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials to evaluate manufacturing processes.
- Use Lean tools and continuous improvement initiatives to analyze and evaluate process improvements and cost reduction strategies.
- Coordinate new product release from product engineering to manufacturing as project support or project lead.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Maintains product and process data base by writing computer programs.
- Provide training on design and development projects.
A minimum of 3 years of experience in CAD/CAM required (AutoCAD, Inventor, MasterCam, SmartCam, or equivalent). Knowledge of CNC Machine programming required. Strong oral and written communication skills required. Knowledge of manufacturing processes and terminology required.
Bachelor"s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering Technology required. Related degree/experience will be considered. Six sigma belt training preferred.
SPECIFIC TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE:
- Testing methods that evaluate manufacturing processes to ensure process efficiency and product quality.
- Techniques to drive process-related projects from inception to implementation.
- Lean tool expertise such as 5S, DMAIC, Standard Work and Material Flow.
- ISO 9001 standardization requirements.
Already have an account? Log in here