Fraud Detection Specialist
remote, Posted: 9/15/2021
Essential job duties:
- Perform detailed analysis on depository accounts that appear to have activity that would support suspicions of deposit fraud or counterfeit check activity and provide detailed documentary evidence to support findings.
- Take precautionary measures on accounts and/ or transactions to mitigate risk to KeyBank and/ or Key Bank clients and provide direction to all lines of businesses supported by Fraud Services
- Communicate information on deposit fraud suspects to account relationship officers, corporate investigations, and area management
- Document daily review and analysis of suspect transactions, providing area management with reports recapping current efforts.
- Obtain and provide detailed documentary evidence to support confirmed fraud activity.
- Maintain ongoing communication with internal and external clients regarding associated account resolution.
- Determine loss accountability.
- Other specialized tasks when required.
- Primary focus is on moderate execution within defined parameters with some expansion to complex issues based on development. Roles at this level are responsible for moderate operational and/or administrative work
- Administering moderate procedures, analysis, tasks and reporting while receiving limited instructions for filing, recording, processing, servicing, recording, and/or organization of documentation associated with a product or process
- Reviews and ensures proper documentation or procedures are used for moderate activities
- This role covers a combination of staff within the areas of credit cards, retail banking, small business banking, consumer lending, mortgage banking, collections, recovery, origination, or auto finance and cover a broad range of responsibilities and duties
- Identifies and resolves moderate issues by following established guidelines. Refers more complex problems to Senior level or supervisor. May provides service in relation moderate complex billing inquiries, service requests, suggestions and complaints from customers
- Individual at this level is expected to use some independence of thought but to refer more complex problems to supervisors or other experts. while contributing to work flow or process change and redesign, and to form a strong basic understanding of the specific product or process
- Accountable for regular reporting and analysis requests
- Typically covers a broad range of responsibilities rather than focusing on one specific role.
- Recommends and implements programs to solve routine issues
- Is fully proficient in duties while working under moderate to limited supervision.
- Fraud Detection, Fraud Analysis or related experience.
- Two years prior bank operations, criminal justice, para-legal, accounting or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proven accuracy and organizational skills.
- Established proficiency managing multiple diverse tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to complete job duties within established service level agreements and regulatory constraints.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Demonstrable ability to analyze, solve problems, and make decisions effectively and independently.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office / Windows.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent. College Degree preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work with others in a professional team environment.
- Adaptable to new ideas in a changing environment.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to complete work by following clear defined procedures
Already have an account? Log in here