Looking for a Mechanical Technician to work on-site at customer location. Technicians will be dedicated to one customer and will not be expected to travel as part of their job.
Position Purpose: Provide hands-on technical support to our customer in order to fulfill their requirements. Primary responsibility is to provide general maintenance and/or repairs on various mechanical equipment. All work will be done on-site, at one customer location, so this is a customer facing role.
- Using basic hand tools, perform on-site repairs, maintenance, and general service tasks and conduct product demonstrations of basic mechanical equipment. When necessary, provide maintenance support and training to in-house maintenance staff.
- Provide technical guidance and expertise where applicable.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School degree plus Associate degree in technology field, e.g. mechanical, electrical, electronics, etc., or equivalent experience.
- Broad knowledge of mechanical hand tools and principles.
- Understanding in the use of PC applications, including Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to present technical concepts to non-technical individuals.
- Ability to understand technical diagrams and manuals.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects with minimum direction.
- Adaptive to change and tight deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision.
- Good customer service and organizational skills are necessary.
- Ability to reason, communicate, make cognitive decisions, understand deadlines and timelines, and provide accurate results.
- Flexibility to work extended hours during work week and have open availability to work weekends and holidays on an as-needed basis.
- Must have the ability to lift 60 lbs. or less, carrying and lifting tools and parts weighing up to 20 lbs.
- Must be able to bend, squat, walk, stand and/or sit for prolonged periods of time and must be able to carry 50 lbs.
- May be required to push and pull a cart with equipment weighing up to 60lbs.