Electrical and Controls Engineer
Elmira, NY Posted: 8/10/2021
Electrical and Controls Engineer:
The Electrical and Control Engineer is responsible for the design, support, and improvement for products in the customer portfolio. This position also provides engineering support for standard product line R&D and Custom application projects.
The requirements for this position are as follows:
SPECIFIC TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE:
- Advanced knowledge of electrical / electronic systems as well as Electrical Engineering design theory and practices.
- Advanced programming of PLC, HMI, CNC, motion control systems robotics, and computer systems such as RS Logix 5K / 500, G-Code, PSPICE, and C.
- Technical understanding of electro-mechanics with ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematics.
- Experience with CAD software such as AutoCAD and AutoCAD Electrical.
- Experience with I/O, Motion Control, Motors, Drives and Encoder feedback systems and sensors.
- Provide production support for Workholding products and their integration interfaces to machine tools, ensuring accurate traceability data collection, troubleshooting and reliability improvement.
- Design interfaces for new equipment, monitor controls and electrical component selection, and maintain long-term product line direction supporting business unit objectives.
- Work with engineering team to improve product design and processes. Develop, test and evaluate new products.
- Review design changes and verify the changes don’t adversely affect compatibility.
- Maintain documents and databases with team support.
- Provide engineering support to customers, suppliers, and sales teams for prospective projects or issues with quality or design.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or advanced Technical degree in Controls and Automation or Mechatronics.
- 5-10 years of experience with Allen-Bradley and other PLC’s such as Click (programming ladder logic), Fanuc CNC/PMC, and Mitsubishi CNC, PLC & HMI strongly preferred. Experience with Dual Check Safety circuits and Haas, Siemens and Heidenhain CNC controls preferred. Proficiency with Microsoft Office products required. Strong organizational skills and excellent communication skills are required. Ability to work efficiently with a team of design and project engineers required.
Already have an account? Log in here