Elmira, NY Posted: 8/13/2021
The CNC Machinist is responsible for the set up and operation of both conventional and CNC machining equipment. In addition to the efficient run of production lots, this role will inspect the work produced using a wide range of precision measurement instruments.
The requirements for this position are as follows:
SPECIFIC TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE:
- Skill in manual and CNC type machining processes using a wide variety of machine tools.
- Proficiency in manual and CNC type machine set-ups, monitoring, change-outs, etc.
- Experience producing tight tolerance components in a production environment.
- Ability to detect malfunctions in machine operations, such as worn or damaged cutting tools.
- Proficiency using a wide range of precision measuring equipment such as micrometers, calipers, dial indicators, etc.
- Load / Unload parts on machines to support maximum spindle utilization time.
- Perform in-process inspection of machined parts to verify conformance to specifications.
- Monitor parts as they are completed on the machine.
- Perform inspection of machined products, document results.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean, orderly condition and follow prescribed safety procedures.
- Work cooperatively, sharing knowledge with other members of the team.
- Two-year degree from a technical school majoring in Machine Tool Technology or similar degree program required. A minimum of three years of experience as a Machinist accepted in lieu of degree or certificate.
- Experience with common manufacturing materials and machining processes required. Strong oral and written communication skills required. Ability to work cooperatively and professionally as part of a team required.
Already have an account? Log in here