Remote Fraud Specialist
Remote, Posted: 8/19/2021
Be part of a team that, every day, strives to become a best-in-class team that adds value by delivering innovative solutions to manage fraud and dispute risk, while ensuring compliance with Regulation E and Regulation Z. The Fraud & Disputes Team focuses on resolving customer claims of fraud that relate to ACH, P2P and Bill Pay transactions and disputes related to ATM, Debit, and Credit Card Transactions. The Fraud and Dispute Teams are in Albany, NY and Buffalo, NY.
Under some supervision, the Lead Specialist is primarily focused on execution of moderate processing work following defined procedures with some expansion to complex issues based on development. The Lead Specialist is also responsible for moderate operational and/or administrative work requiring decision-making and will escalate issues as needed.
Essential Job Functions:
- Conduct investigation of suspected or known fraud involving the use of ATM, Debit and Credit cards.
- Detect and understand patterns of Fraud
- Take precautionary measures on accounts and/ or transactions to mitigate risk to KeyBank and/ or Key Bank clients and provide direction to all lines of businesses supported by Fraud Services
- Ensure case work is documented appropriately in all applicable systems.
- Ensure compliance with Regulations E and Z while working fraud claims.
- Administers moderate procedures, analysis, tasks and reporting while receiving limited instructions for filing, recording, processing, servicing, and/or organization of documentation associated with the fraud process.
- Reviews and ensures proper documentation and procedures are used for moderate activities.
- Identifies and resolves moderate issues by following established guidelines.
- Refers more complex problems to Senior level or supervisor.
- Will provide service in relation moderate complex fraud claims/ inquiries, service requests, suggestions and complaints from customers.
- Is fully proficient in duties while working under moderate to limited supervision.
- Will take customer calls of inquiries related to the fraud process.
- 1+ years of experience in an operations role High School Diploma or equivalent work experience required.
- College degree preferred
- Understand assignments and complete work independently without requests for repeated direction.
- Understand basic process flows and upstream & downstream impacts.
- Require limited manager intervention between assignment and delivery.
- Recognize, own and learn from mistakes.
- Open minded and adaptable to new ideas in a changing environment
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Comfortable navigating multiple computer systems and applications, utilizing resources to solve routine challenges.
- Proven ability to handle processing functions independently.
- Proven ability to handle high transaction volumes accurately and meet production goals.
- Team building, interpersonal, and relationship building skills.
- Proven strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good judgement and decision-making skills, basic leadership skills.
- Ability to identify issues and demonstration of basic analytical, research and problem resolution skills Moderate knowledge of banking policies, procedures, government regulations
- Ability to perform moderate scheduled and non-scheduled maintenance functions
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to handle routine/occasional customer service inquiries independently.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- May train or assist in training new staff.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in decision making.
Already have an account? Log in here