Elmira, NY Posted: 8/31/2021
The Software Engineer is responsible for the development of PLC software on high precision CNC Turning and Milling machine tools. This position will develop software technical documents, functional descriptions, and Theory of Operations for the equipment.
The requirements for this position are as follows:
Bachelor"s degree in software engineering or electrical engineering required.
A minimum of 5 years of experience in PLC Ladder design required. Fanuc PLC Ladder design required. Experience with Mitsubishi, Siemens, and/or Heidenhain a plus. Experience with Windows C++/C# Object Oriented Programming a plus. Strong organizational skills and excellent communication skills are required. Strong project management skills required.
SPECIFIC TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE:
- Skill in reading and understanding electrical schematics and diagrams.
- Experience with Real-Time Motion Control.
- Experience developing PLC software for CNC controls.
- Experience with CNC machine tools and Fanuc, Mitsubishi, Siemens, and/or Heidenhain CNC controls.
- Knowledge of CE European safety and/or NFPA 79 codes.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes including turning, milling, and grinding.
- Develop PLC software for Fanuc, Mitsubishi, Siemens, and/or Heidenhain CNC controls for high precision machinery.
- Create technical software documentation such as Functional Descriptions and Theory of Operations.
- Be able to work independently as well as with multiple departments.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with customers and distributors.
- Collaborate with leadership for efficient and effective software processes.
Already have an account? Log in here