The Employee Relations (ER) Consultant is an individual contributor role reporting to the ER Solutions Team Manager in a call center environment. This role provides employee relations consultation and support to employees and managers and uses judgment to escalate matters that have been determined to require more in-depth review, investigation and/or consultation for resolution to the Senior Lead ER Consultant.
- Provide HR consultation and support on employee relations issues surrounding policy, procedure, and programs to both managers and employees across the country via the phone in a call center type environment.
- Provide Employee Relations advice, consultation and guidance by interpreting and applying policy, with decisiveness that support business objectives and maximize employee engagement, while evaluating risk.
- Deliver high quality service to all clients, displaying excellent customer service skills and HR knowledge, which meet or exceed a client's expectations.
- Explain and interpret HR policies and programs insuring consistency and regulatory compliance.
- Document issues as received in the ER Solutions Team in a thorough, timely, and accurate manner.
- Act as a Center of Excellence in responding to HR related questions from employees.
- Respond to unemployment insurance claim requests for data and resolve issues.
- Facilitate moderately complex employee relations issues providing consultation, support and recommendations to managers and employees.
- Respond to, research, facilitate resolution, and escalate as necessary, employee relations issues of employees and managers relating to performance, attendance, tardiness, theft, harassment, Code of Ethics, alcohol, drugs, Open Door policy , Leaves of Absence, Job Accommodation and other sensitive issues.
- Coordinate and collaborate with appropriate Senior Employee Relations Consultants, HR Business Partners, and other corporate functional areas (e.g. Legal) as necessary.
- Consult with all levels of management on performance management counseling and coaching.
- Consistently act as an advocate for Key when speaking with clients and coworkers.
- Explain all relevant HR processes and programs as necessary.
- Identify employee relations issues or trends by line of business and geography, escalating those that may pose a potentially high risk to Key.
- Maintain understanding of current projects and issues in the line of business, HR departments, and corporate HR functional areas by participating in staff meetings, conference calls, and building relationships.
- Facilitate interactive process to respond to Job Accommodation requests covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADAAA).
- Provide guidance in resolving employment-related questions relative to Leave of Absence (e.g. FMLA, determinations regarding holding positions open and/or replacing positions for employees on Leaves of Absence, addressing unauthorized Leaves of Absence).
- Review and provide feedback on employment documents including but not limited to Performance Improvement Plans, Termination documents, and correspondence from managers to employees.
- Conduct and facilitate presentations as necessary.
- Conduct and facilitate training as necessary.
- Attend meetings as necessary and be a contributing member to project teams.
- Provide ER perspective feedback on proposed LOB, HR and/or Enterprise policies, training, communications etc.
- Contribute new ideas for continuous improvement, including process enhancements that reduce costs, strengthen client satisfaction and/or improve effective delivery of services; participate in implementation as applicable.
- BS/BA degree in related field or equivalent experience (Business Administration, Human Resources, Communications, Psychology, Sociology)
- Three to five years Human Resource experience: Employee Relations consultation experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong consulting, critical thinking, and influencing skills. * Demonstrated knowledge of employment law and regulations.
- Ability to interact and communicate with all levels of management and employees.
- Proven ability to analyze problems and situations and recommend appropriate courses of action while mitigating risk and supporting line of business strategic initiatives.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Human Resources practices and principles.
- Proficiency in Windows-based software.
- Experience with Workday or other HRIM system.
- Proven experience in a customer service environment.
- Effective ability to defuse the irate or emotional caller.
- Ability to consistently demonstrate courtesy, helpfulness, professionalism, empathy and politeness
- Ability to display integrity and respect of the client by maintaining confidentiality on issues being addressed
- Flexibility in work schedules
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to learn, assimilate, and apply new information as well as to participate in training efforts with new team members
- Ideal Candidate
- Knowledge of a financial services industry.