Field Service Manager
Elmira, NY Posted: 9/9/2021
The Field Service Manager position provides strategic direction & leadership to the field service team and direct communications with customers regarding on-sites support and repairs of CNC grinders, lathes & mills in the North American market. Activities would include management of the field service technician team for example, providing strategic direction, FTE demand planning, expense & travel approvals, training, hiring, etc. The requirements for this position that is in our Technical Services Department are as follows:
- Strategic planning for the field service team.
- Management of the day-to-day field service request from customers.
- Work schedule approval & timecard approvals
- Expense management and technician expense approvals
- Field service department management. Including, P&L, aftermarket revenue generation, FTE requirements, expenses, revenue, overtime, etc.
- Customer relations. Including machine issues resolution planning, billing disputes, aftermarket sales, etc.
- KPI reporting. Including, P&L, utilization, expense, OT, aftermarket sales activities, etc.
- On-site visits to customers to resolve issues and/or evaluate technician performance.
- Resolution of accounts receivable issues related to field service issues.
- Other duties as required.
- Company provides a vehicle and computer. Good financial credit required.
BS degree or equivalent experience in field service management.
- 2+ years of experience in managing a field service team.
- Field technical resource planning
- Technician development
- Customer relations
- Preferred experience in the machine tools industry but not required.
- Preferred P&L experience
- Knowledge of FTE forecasting.
- Customer relations including billing disputes, root cause analysis, problem resolution, aftermarket sales, etc.
- Technical team development including technical skills, customer relations, aftermarket sales, documentation & reporting and behavioral management.
- BASE LOCATION: Chicago, IL or Elmira, NY area preferred. Expected to travel >50% within the North American region and occasional internationally.
Already have an account? Log in here