The Production Technician works in our Advanced Technology Cleaning Centers (ATCC) to process and clean (eliminating micro-contamination) our customers new and in process tool chamber parts. These manufacturing processes may use various different machines, processes, and chemicals to meet the varying needs of particular chemistry, material composition, and coatings of different parts components. Processes may take place in a cleanroom or chemical processing environment. He/she may receive, package, bag, inspect, and ship parts.
Safety is our number one priority. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required to avoid exposure and protect the individual. The Production Technician follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Quality processes to perform parts cleaning and to meet the needs of our customers.
Technicians may achieve Levels I, II, III, IV based on certifications in various processes, adherence to the company's Core Values, Safety, and Quality requirements, as well as appropriate competencies for the Level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process parts utilizing both chemical and manual cleaning methods.
- May perform receiving, processing, wiping, scrubbing, masking, chemical processing, machine operating, etching, blasting, coating, drying, baking, and other processes, as needed.
- Follows all SOPs, Lean manufacturing processes, company policies and practices.
- Complete training on assigned processes.
- Perform daily organization and upkeep of assigned process area.
- Attend monthly Communication meetings and training programs as required.
- If required, handle hazardous chemicals correctly and safely. Follow all policies and directions for safe use of and proper disposal of hazardous chemicals
- Participation and adherence to safety program and completion of various trainings.
- Must have good organizational skills, and the ability to efficiently managing their time and report on achievement towards goals.
- Maintain high degree of safety and environmental awareness through the practice of safe work habits and 6S.
- Seeks to advance skills and learn new processes.
- Minimum high school diploma or GED. Technical Associates degree or some college preferred.
- Ability to handle repetitive work and provide fast turn-around on production related to masking, wiping, processing parts.
- Good verbal and written communications
- Must be computer literate, in particular Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule including some weekend and evening work.
- Must be able to wear work area gowning and other required PPE.
- AA degree in a Technical field
- Ability to take SPC measurements and log data
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in manufacturing processes or materials, or equivalent relevant experience is preferred.
- Experience in parts cleaning and coating technologies is desired
- Kaizen or Lean training a major plus
- Media blast experience
- Quality Assurance experience
- Previous experience in the Parts Cleaning industry a major plus
- Computer literate, knowledge of MS word and excel is preferred.
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be able to pass background check and drug screening
Physical and Mental Job Essential Functions
- Stand for LONG PERIODS of time
- Lift up to 40 lbs. on a consistent basis
- Work with hazardous chemicals on a daily basis
- Work in a cleanroom environment
- Must be able to read and comprehend directions.
- Must be able to hear and speak to communicate with co-workers. Accommodations can be made for emergency alerts for any deaf employees.