Field Service Technician
remote, re Posted: 9/15/2021
The Field Service Technician position provides support and repair services to customers on-site at their facilities in the North American market. Support would include trouble-shooting technical problems on machines & equipment, answers questions and addressing customer complaints with the goal of ensuring a positive customer experience. The requirements for this position that is in our Service Department are as follows:
SPECIFIC TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE:
- Knowledge of machine design and operation, mechanical/electrical repair practices, as well as grinding processes, materials, grinding wheels, dressing tools & tooling preferred. Turning & Milling experience a plus.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills on machine and machine controls, CNC as well as PLC. Ability to read parts manuals, electrical and mechanical schematics, assembly instructions and troubleshooting guides.
- Familiarity with operating and setting up CNC equipment.
- Offer diagnostic support for products supports, by performing customer service visits as required on both warranty and non-warranty products. Identify and resolve customer problems and issues through remote means as well, via video conference, email etc.
- Installation, trouble shooting and repair of mechanical, electrical, electronic, hydraulic and pneumatic systems of grinding machine tool product line and Turning & Milling product line.
- Demonstrate and instruct techniques, methods and procedures for grinding machine tool equipment and related attachments and accessories.
- Handle, communicate and coordinate with customers upgrades to machines & equipment; coordinate engineering requirements such as special options or updates where service is required.
- Communicate and coordinate service activities with customers until all quality issues are resolved.
- Support other field service staff by freely sharing knowledge and information and coordinate activities with departments as needed.
- AAS in Electronic Technology, Machine Tool Technology or degree/certification in related field preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in trouble-shooting and repair required. Alternate levels of education/ experience will be considered.
Company provides a vehicle and computer. Good financial credit required.
Already have an account? Log in here