Our client is a diversified precision metal working company that provides a variety of services to the telecommunications, computer, business machine, office equipment, medical, heavy transportation, voting equipment, electronic, warehouse management and automotive sectors. Their vertical integration of services provides our customers with a multitude of flexible manufacturing options based on volume, cost, and delivery.
General Job Summary:
The Assistant Controller will be responsible for performing comprehensive financial activities and reporting. This position is responsible for managing the accounting team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities; including payroll processing, general ledger preparation, financial reporting, monthly and year-end review preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Maintain general ledger structure and entries for adherence to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Lead month-end closing activities to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Prepare and maintain prepaid, accrual, and amortization schedules.
- Prepare bank and balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Maintain Fixed Asset and Depreciation records and reports.
- Ensure the monthly/ quarterly/ annual Bank Compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Coordinate and assist with annual budget and quarterly forecast preparation.
- Analyze and report job cost variances.
- Supervise accounts receivable, accounts payable, and general accounting team.
- Collaborate with the other department managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Monitor and analyze department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Advise accounting team regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Respond to inquiries from the Senior Staff and other Company wide managers regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
- Support Director of Finance and CFO with special projects and workflow process improvements.
- Help with other duties as assigned by management.
- Supervise 2-3 Associates
- Individual must carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include:
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Handle personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
- Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
- Bachelor's Degree (B.A.) (CPA/MBA a plus) - Concentration in Accounting or Finance
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience
- 5-7 years accounting experience or training preferably in a manufacturing environment
Strong communication, technology and analytical abilities. Working knowledge of ERP systems. Familiarity with current Accounting practices and procedures. Ability to thrive in a fast -paced setting and work under pressure, with tight deadlines and constraints. Cost Accounting experience a plus.
This position is Hybrid, which will allow remote work up to 2 days per week. Schedule and agreement of conditions to be maintained with your supervisor.