Our client offers sound, stage and storage solutions are designed for flawless performance. A Collaboration of brands that deliver advanced products for the highest levels of acoustic excellence, comfort, and versatility for any venue. Safety and reliability are paramount. With exceptional design assistance, project management and after-sale service, our experts are easy to work with and passionate about your success. There is no one better to balance the artistic, technical, and budgetary requirements of your project.
The Controls Engineering team uses customer input to design, re-design, develop, test and implement complex performing arts theatre automation solutions. This position will provide tools, drawing review and guidance for the team to deliver solutions, installation, and service for controls systems to satisfy customer requirements. The manger is also responsible for allocation of resources, continuation of training and development and performance management.
This is a Hybrid position which requires periodic work within our facility in Syracuse, NY. The hybrid schedule includes a working schedule where you would alternate between working remotely and in the office. Therefore, candidates must reside within reasonable drivable distance to the Syracuse, NY facility.
At a minimum you'll need:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field of Engineering with emphasis on controls and automation
- Eight (8) years of prior Leadership experience in a management role with at least six direct reports
- Eight (8) years' experience in design, testing, and troubleshooting electrical circuits and/or systems
- Proven project experience planning, designing, and troubleshooting of controls automation systems.
- The ability to work in a variety of field environments, including working at heights
- Strong familiarity with Windows and PC operation required familiarity with other PC operating systems
- Demonstrated proficiency with CAD drafting (AutoCAD 2012 minimum).
- Experience using tools, machines, and/or vehicles to complete projects/commissioning
- Demonstrated abilities to conceptualize, formulate design possibilities and coordinate development by the project team under time and financial constraints
- Proven commitment to effective supervision, coordination, and evaluation, with recommendations for changes required to improve overall results
- Demonstrated ability to be a good team leader and inspirational leader to direct staff and cross-functionally
- Ability to plan and organize work to assure productive use is made of all department working hours
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
It'd be great if you also have:
- Four (4) years of equivalent experience with Theatrical Automation Design
- Experience in a Theatre environment
- Past experience with key software platforms such as CAD, SolidWorks, BIM, PDM and Revit
- Understanding of process improvement and project management techniques
- Experience in supporting construction projects
As a Controls Engineering Manager, a typical day might include:
- Scheduling/coordinating Controls team for project design work, product commissioning, installation and service work
- Overseeing and managing performance of Controls team ensuring compliance with QMS procedures and instructions, including taking responsibility for the completeness and accuracy of the work
- Interfacingwith partner departments (Contract Administration, Credit, Sales, Sales Administration, Planning, Design Engineering, Manufacturing, Traffic and Product Management) ensuring proper coordination for proposals and orders to meet the scope, estimated costs and time schedules of the project
- Requisitioning controls equipment and materials
- Selecting and scheduling of outside controls fabricators
- Managing the development of effective concepts for application of standard and custom products in order to provide the best possible solutions for our customers
- Reviewing and approving submittal packages (drawings, orders, BOM, etc.) related to custom projects prior to sending to the customer
- Developing products in conjunction with Product Management and New Product Development
- Meeting deadlines and expectations as outlined in personal goals and objectives
- Designing of major projects as required, taking on full responsibility for interpreting specifications and all technical aspects of creating complete, functional, and safe electrical system designs
- Turn-ons, commissioning, and end-user training on major projects as required
- Developing and growing internal talent in the group through training efforts and coaching
- Monitoring and ensuring the Controls team to meet performance, cost and quality goals
- Developing and operating within the approved department budget
- Identifying nonconformities and initiating Corrective Action Reports and Supplier Corrective Action Reports, as needed
- Assisting with trouble shooting issues with manufacturing and installation